Sr. Quality Engineer
Our client is a leading manufacturing company who seeks a Sr. Quality Engineer for its Tijuana, Baja California Mexico facility.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
DMAIC methodology (define, measure, analyze, improve, control)
• Teach the Q@S methodology and application to the facility
• Data mining and root cause analysis
• Reliability / repeatability (Gage R & R) and measurement system analysis
• Lead Black Belt Projects and key process improvement teams
• Develop Green Belts and teach and coach tool use to all associates and assure application on in the production setting
• Develop & implement process auditing / measurement systems for internal / external processes
• Build prevention into the development of new products / processes using Quality Engineering concepts
• Uses teaming approach to get things done, supports process teams.
• Checks satisfaction of internal / external customers through use of quality tools and Customer/Supplier metrics
• Enable and support the Total Training Plan, work instructions and procedure creation and control, and Teaming Systems in the facility
• Audits WI and Plant Procedures for effectiveness and accurate use
• Proven experience on PFMEA, Control Plan, Layer Process audits
• Kaizens – lead and participate in kaizens
• Deploy lean tools and techniques to solve production issues
• Identifies waste and rework and enacts plan to improve/solve
• Uses teaming approach to get things done, supports process teams on both quality and process improvements
• Support and track step 6 and 7’s from team process improvements as part of the 7 step process
• Ensures that Engineering changes and capital improvements meet timelines and desired outcomes
• Engages in resolving customer remake and listening post concerns.
• Using above process and quality acumen resolves issues and creates sustainable solutions.
• Follows up with internal and external customers to ensure resolution is effective
Candidate Skills & Requirements:
• Minimum - Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanic or similar engineering.
• 4-7 years relevant work experience
• 5 years Quality management at the Plant level.
• Must be bilingugal (English/Spanish)
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to lead through teams as well as be effective team members of a facility management team.
• Knowledge and proven experience of the application of statistical tools for problem solving, process measurement, process control, and process improvement (for example: SPC, Design of Experiment, Process Capability, 3W5Why’s and Gage R&R as minimum).
• Working knowledge of Minitab statistical software (or similar) and adept with Microsoft Office products (including MS-Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, and Project Manager).
• Experience in Quality Management Systems (ISO9000 or similar) and Total Quality Management concepts.
• Be able to learn SWF tools of VOC. Listing post, Frontier, Remake Database, and Audit Database.
• Must be able to plan and direct own work with minimal direction from the others.
• Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools.
Candidate Preferred Education and Experience:
• ASQ Certification in Quality Engineering or Management
• Consumer products quality and process improvement experience
• Experience in resolving Quality issues by using quality tools.
• Experience in dealing with internal and external suppliers and resolving issues at all levels
• Experience in training, and coaching teams on the production floor
|Login to Apply for Job(s)|