Our client is a global leader in automotive component's re-manufacturing for aftermarket who seeks a Plant Manager who will report directly to the Vice President of Operations and oversee manufacturing, human resources, quality, and controllership functions needed to run an automotive component maquiladora / manufacturing operation in Reynosa, Mexico with over 2000 employees.
As a member of the leadership team, the Plant Manager will provide business expertise in plant management, execution of the business plan, and implement process improvements to meet production challenges.
The Reynosa Plant Manager is responsible for sustainable earning results, streamlining and standardizing workflows and creating a team environment to increase overall productivity allowing for growth. The Plant Manager’s overall objective is to meet customer expectations, maintain compliance with quality guidelines, ensure a safe and secure work environment for all employees, while reducing costs, increasing service levels and achieving World Class operation manufacturing excellence.
- Direct Human Resources, Production Operations, Finance and Accounting, and Quality Control to meet distribution, pricing, sales and customer services goals.
- Communicate the Vision and Strategy for the plant and motivate employees effectively.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by partnering with maintenance department and vendors to coordinate preventive maintenance requirements.
- Manages plant staffing and talent acquisition plan and improves employee retention.
- Drives Lean Manufacturing.
- Oversees KPI’s including safety, quality, productivity, cost, OTD and P&L management.
Candidate Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration or similar required. Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Experience as a Plant Manager, or Sr. Operations Manager in a large operation ready for a promotion.
- 15+ years progressively responsible operations experience and experience managing over 650 employees in a maquiladora manufacturing environment. May substitute aerospace industry experience for automotive.
- MUST have experience with Aftermarket replacement, remanufacturing of components or refurbishing. Highly prefer Automotive but open to electronics or remanufacturing in other industries.
- P&L and Financial controls experience to meet company’s EBITDA objectives.
- Experience working in a multi-shift, Union environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO required. TS16949 standards knowledge preferred.
- Solid experience with Continuous Improvement and Lean knowledge (Six Sigma, Kaizen, Kanban, Poke Yokes, JIT, 5S).
- Exhibits a strong work ethic with a collaborative leadership style. Solid coach who practices empowerment, not a micro-management style.
- Fully Bilingual (English and Spanish).