Summary of Functions:
Our client, a global leader in the manufacturing sector, is seeking a Finance Controller who will be the lead financial representative in the Mexicali facility and be responsible for accuracy and communication of the financial information necessary to analyze and manage the business. In addition, the Finance Controller will be responsible for the development and implementation of processes to increase accuracy of financials and efficiency metrics on the facility. This position will manage a team of 8 members and will report to the CFO.
- Gain understanding of all facets of the business, with emphasis on how data and trends impact revenue and profitability.
- Implement controls around inventory movements to improve understanding of cost centers, fallout anticipate trends. (Inventory analysis)
- This position has the responsibility for Mexico general accounting, Taxation, Payroll, AP and Cost Accounting.
- Enhance labor reporting to measure cost and efficiency by carrier, model and channel.
- Strong FP&A and Cost Accounting.
- Enhance weekly profitability and KPI reporting, with detailed analysis to guide executive team. (financial analysis). Develop a culture of metrics.
- Communicate data efficiently with executive teams
- Recruit, hire, train financial team, as necessary, evaluate performance against established goals
- Participate in continuous improvement by making suggestions for Financial functions
- Support Executive leadership with management operational & special reporting
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
- Travel as necessary.
Candidate Qualifications and Experience:
- 7+ years of relative finance management in a manufacturing environment in Mexico.
- Strong cost accounting background and financial analysis.
- Solid background implementing internal controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent work experience
- Superior analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including knowledge of Macro’s, TRESS
- Ability to learn additional systems, as necessary
- Strong oral and written communication skills coupled with developed people skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks throughout the day
- Self-Starter, entrepreneurial with proven leadership skills and good influencing skills.
- Ability to change or adapt work practices, priorities, or procedures
- The ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, collaborative and ability to work with confidential information.
- Strong bilingual communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Valid U.S. visa and able to travel to the U.S.