Our client is an automotive parts leader who holds top market share in its product sector and who seeks a FP&A Manager - Commercial based in its Reynosa, Mexico large campus. This position reports to the Director of Finance – Commercial based in the U.S. corporate headquarters, and will provide various forecasting, analysis and business case development to support the strategic growth strategy of the company. Major areas of focus will be sales revenue, program credits, warranty, margins, operating expenses and commercial contract management obligation oversight.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The FP&A Manager - Commercial reports to the Director of Finance – Commercial, and is expected to work cross-functionally to achieve position requirements. The role demands a firm grasp of analytical skills, with the ability to work well with others at all levels. Candidates must demonstrate experience to efficiently analyze information to proactively identify and communicate risks and opportunities to business performance expectations.
- Assist the Director of Finance – Commercial with construction of the Long Term Strategic Plan, the Annual Budget, and on-going forecasts of Gross Revenue, Gross-to-Net Adjustments, Net Revenue and Standard Gross Margin
- Analyze relative to actual historical run rate trends; adjust for one-time events as required
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the business to complete accurate and efficient forecasts, articulate key assumptions, risks and opportunities (quantify wherever possible)
- Analyze monthly financial results efficiently, prepare flash-reporting and impactful relevant analysis
- Support the SIOP (Sales/Inventory/Operations/Planning) process and timely integration and translation into financial forecast process, including accurate sales and margin analyses and estimates
- Support Business Case modeling of new business and acquisition candidates as needed, and prepare timely and accurate sales forecast data for use in business case analysis
- Conduct complex financial analyses resulting in creative insights, implications, and recommendations about current and future financial trends and areas for improvement, focus or new investment
- Perform high quality sales, gross-to-net, gross margin and receivable analyses to enable visibility and transparency into profitability by customer and product category, as well as drive improved cash flow efficiencies
- Perform analysis that links sales, margin and cash flow improvements to the financial statements, while clearly communicating impacts and timing of benefits
- Analyze Commercial Operating Expenses, create visibility to company spend activities, and provide accurate and timely forecast projections for review by Director of Finance – Commercial
Commercial Team Partnership
- Perform analyses on customer sales, program credit/rebates, margins, warranty returns and make recommendations for course corrections as necessary
- Partner with and enable departmental heads in managing sales, general and administrative spending and investments, and ensure alignment with annual and strategic initiatives
- Support the quote to collect process ensuring appropriate approvals, cross-functional process hand-offs, and internal controls across the following processes: customer quote; business case; customer change-over; part number and pricing set-up/validation; billing; revenue recognition; and collection
- Gather, validate and maintain a central file of commercial sales agreements / contracts
- Confirm those currently in effect, and verify proper accounting treatment with corporate accounting teams on all Terms & Conditions
- Meet with Commercial leadership to confirm status of all key commercial arrangements to ensure all
are centrally accessible and maintained going forward
- Participate in the preparation of various weekly and monthly reports, along with leadership and board presentations, ensuring work requirements are completed in a thorough, accurate and timely manner
- Prepare monthly analysis related to gross revenue and net revenue (program credits, customer incentives, warranty, and stock returns)
- Conduct periodic reviews on significant customer related accounts, and integrate related findings and actions into financial closing and forecasting processes
- Proactively identify and address control issues
- Communicate identified financial issues proactively to Director of Finance – Commercial
Work is performed mostly in a controlled office atmosphere.
Adjust as necessary: Sitting 70%, standing/walking 30%. Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; talk and hear.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or business required
- Master’s degree in Finance or Business a “plus”
- Six Sigma / Lean experience desired
- 5 years’ finance analyst experience with an MBA, preferably supporting commercial part of business or 10 years’ finance analyst experience in lieu of an MBA. (i.e. FP&A Manager, Finance Manager, Sr. Finance Analyst)
- Management experience is highly desired but will consider a Senior Finance Analyst ready to take on management responsibility and step-up.
- Experience with forecasting, finance analysis, finance modeling, management finance reporting, ad hoc reporting.
- Knowledge of construction of the Long Term Strategic Plan, the Annual Budget, and on-going forecasts and analysis of Gross Revenue, Gross-to-Net Adjustments, Net Revenue and Standard Gross Margin, and profit margin analysis.
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data
- Ability to work effectively across multiple functions / organizations
- Experience leveraging ERP systems, Oracle systems, and PBCS
- Knowledge of query, reporting and data analysis tools
- Experience in a private equity environment and a global company a plus
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills necessary in order to communicate intricate job-related processes and analysis to internal customers.
- Able to travel to the USA occasionally.