Our client is scaling production at its state-of-art facilities located in Tijuana, Baja California. As a result, our client is seeking a Materials Manager to support the company ramp, cost, and quality targets with setting up a world class material flow and management system.
Primary Areas of Responsibilities:
- Develop, size, select and manage the material control, flow, storage and consumption systems, including hardware, to support the company's build plan and production requirements.
- Set up, implement and maintain the ERP system to support the plan
- Quickly become proficient in ERP system as an advanced user, to be able to facilitate all job functions listed below.
- Develop the material control, levels, accuracy, movement and usage methodology to support manufacturing and business needs, coordinating with Production and Supply Chain.
- Set up and implement material control, movement, storage and point of use consumption in ERP and on the floor.
- Ensure all parts are set up correctly in ERP system to support the material control and usage methodologies, working closely with Manufacturing Engineering and Material Planning.
- Work closely with Materials Planning to support the internal supply chain plan.
- Support systems to deal with material expedites and shortages.
- Support Quality requirements.
- Actively manage all shipping and receiving functions.
- Actively manage inventory and ensure accuracy.
- Actively manage internal material flow and kitting to support production.
- Continuously optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of materials control.
- Perform other duties assigned by management.
- On the floor materials management gets established in time for production.
- Meets or exceeds inventory management and accuracy targets.
- Gets high scores for servicing Production material needs meeting set requirements.
- Invaluable team member within supply Chain, Engineering and Production.
Preferred Experience & Education:
- BA/BS in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, Finance, Accounting or related field. MBA desirable.
- 5+ years of experience in the management and set-up of warehousing, material control, kitting, inventory reduction and point of use consumption in a manufacturing organization.
- Expert knowledge of ERP systems particularly as related to warehousing, serialization, work orders, planning, purchasing, shipping, receiving and material management systems.
- Expert knowledge of BOM and router concepts.
- Understanding of accounting consequences of ERP system transactions as related to set-up and execution.
- Experience in known quality standards such as ISO 9000 is required.
- Computer skills/experience including ERP applications, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- ISM and APICS certification, i.e., C.P.M., CPIM, CPSM, CSCP desirable.
- Practical knowledge of the PLEX ERP system.
- Experience within companies known for successful lean culture (i.e. Toyota).
- Up to date and trained on state-of-the art lean manufacturing material management methods.
- 2 years of experience in aviation.
- Ability to work independently with strong decision-making skills while under limited supervision.
- Positive attitude and energetic.
- Thinks of great material management as a competitive advantage and cost-saver.
- Solutions oriented.
- Goal driven, results focused with a strong bias for action.
- Strong communication skills.
- Analytical and logical.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to grasp issues in a dynamic environment and organize activities to quickly. achieve desired outcomes.
- Team oriented and collaborative.