Our client, an international manufacturing leader serving the aerospace industry, is seeking a Site Director for their state of the art start-up operation in Tijuana, Baja California. This is a key role which will be instrumental to the success of the company worldwide.
Primary Areas of Responsibilities:
- Management of all manufacturing operations for the Tijuana aerospace facility utilizing world class techniques, while setting clear achievable goals that align with the corporate business strategy
- Build, lead and train the manufacturing team, ensuring their training and development necessary to integrate into our high-performance culture
- Provide production leadership for all manufacturing, fabrication and assembly processes, including workflow, tooling and equipment, materials flow and production layout
- Work to develop and manage continuous improvement and lean measures across all responsibilities, introduce and follow KPIs to ensure the achievement of manufacturing goals
- Works with inter-departmental or cross functional staff to resolve issues with engineering, supply chain, product quality, Health, Safety, and Environmental, and continuous improvement
- Ensure policies and systems are in place to track compliance with environmental, safety and other agency regulations.
- Support the fabrication and sub-assembly, assembly build process by leading and supporting the initial production team.
- Capture lessons learned from the early builds to support rapid improvements for production ramp-up and drive the development of SOP's.
- Support cost reduction activities using DFM/DFA methods
- Support the development of capital equipment specifications, purchasing, design, build, installation and run-off of the equipment for production use
- Support root cause analysis of issues in quality and production using a structured format
- Support the development of modified or alternative components, manufacturing processes, materials, and equipment required for the manufacture, assembly, and testing of the various components and sub-assemblies
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees attend training for HSE procedures, safe operating procedures and comply with the rules and regulations set forth by Federal, State and Local governments, and Company policies and procedures
- High quality and timely assembly of product
- On-time launch and ramp-up of production
- Robust production tooling and equipment with low downtime
- User friendly production tools, equipment and work instructions
- Production stations are ergonomically friendly and are safe to operate
Candidate Required Experience and Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Engineering, Business, or related field of discipline, or equivalent experience
- 10-15 years of proven leadership experience in manufacturing leadership with a strong production background and expertise in process improvement and equipment .
- Excellent program management, verbal and written communication skills
- History of collaboration with engineering, supply chain, quality and material management to improve manufacturability of components and sub-assemblies
- Strong mechanical aptitude, competent in the use of hand tools
- Ability to work independently with strong decision-making skills while under limited supervision
- Strong knowledge of manufacturability and assembly of materials, (preferably metals, fiberglass and/or carbon fiber composites.)
- Work experience in Mexico and in depth knowledge of Mexico culture
- Experience in significant production volume increases
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- MBA or Masters in an Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience with manufacturing of large consumer-based products, like for example, aircraft (strongly preferred), heavy equipment, trucks, automobiles and power-sport vehicles, boats, off-road vehicles or similar.
- New product introduction experience, preferably start-up / ramp-ups.
- Strong serial production background in assembly is preferred
Other Skills and Traits:
- Goal driven, results focused with strong hands on leadership that makes things happen.
- Assertive, dynamic, creative and smart leader with strong energy and vision
- Extreme attention to detail
- Self-motivated, positive thinker
- Team oriented with a priority on organizational goals, motivated by accomplishments rather than power
- Highly analytical and logical; skilled at problem analysis and resolution at both a strategic and functional level
- Highly intelligent, confident, decisive, competitive, energetic, and passionate
- Entrepreneurial minded and comfortable in a start-up environment