Our client, an international manufacturer catering to the aviation industry, is seeking a seasoned and proven Quality Manager for its Mexico operations. This position will be responsible for the full standardization of quality systems, SQA, and all quality control initiatives. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to grow with the company and influence the quality department, even at corporate level, and will be responsible for coaching and leading all quality aspects.
Position Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Continue to develop and implement the vision for the Quality Management System, standardizing all aspects of it using best practices in process improvement, quality control and quality planning.
- Build and lead a world class composites quality organization to support the company’s mission and objectives.
- Create a technical quality improvement plan to minimize/ eliminate quality escapes and improve process yields at Composite Layup, Trim & Drill, and Bonding.
- Continuously evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the company’s QMS, providing assessments and reports to Executive Management.
- Work with functions to devise ICON’s quality targets, get Executive Management buy-in and commitment.
- Analyze existing quality challenges, devising and implementing an effective, company-wide process of root-cause analysis and corrective action.
- Create metrics and tracking processes to allow effective monitoring of product and process quality and identification of quality trends.
- Develop and implement all quality-relevant processes in the product life cycle from development to Service feedback.
- Lead effective internal audit process, driving a culture of internal and external compliance.
- Implement company-wide culture of resolving issues at their root cause.
- Ensure quality system meets ASTM/FAA requirements at all times.
Candidate Skills & Requirements:
- A.S or B.S. degree, preferably in Engineering or related scientific field; MS preferred.
- Must have experience and knowledge of composite manufacturing.
- Must have experience solving composite layup and bonding technical issues.
- 10+ years’ experience in QA systems design and implementation in the aviation industry, automotive, or a similar manufacturing industry with companies known for quality.
- Proven track record of driving business performance improvement across organizations.
- Experience with Lean, including Lean New Product Implementation.
- Hands-on work with quality planning, control and improvement tools such as SPC, FMEA, Control Plans, MSA, 8D, APQP, PPAP and Six-Sigma.
- Experience in aircraft quality standards. TS16949 or ISO9000 is desirable.
- Black Belt+ desirable.
- Extensive experience developing and motivating a high-performing team.
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish.
- Able to travel in Mexico and USA.
- Thinks of quality as a competitive advantage and cost-saver.
- Positive attitude and energetic/dynamic.
- Entrepreneurial attitude.
- High level of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and present information to team, management, and suppliers.
- Goal driven, results focused with a strong bias for action.
- Highly analytical and logical, skilled at problem analysis and problem resolution.
- Ability to grasp issues in a dynamic environment and organize activities to quickly achieve desired outcomes.
- Team oriented, collaborative and low ego.