Automotive manufacturer of metal mechanic components is seeking a seasoned and professional Machining Manager for its Chihuahua, Mexico operations. The ideal candidate will be responsible for all the machining functions and issues of a metal mechanic operation, including CNC Equipment handling and maintenance. He or she will be able to coach their team, develop new procedures and systems, responsible for all metrics, and will have the opportunity to grow within the organization.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fully responsible for the CNC Machining department, which includes Programming and Engineering Operations for last-generation CNC equipments.
- Manage and direct supervisors, engineers, and technicians to meet/exceed company goals and targets in relation to Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- Provide hands-on leadership to the CNC Machining Production area, coaching all the Engineers and Technicians within the Machining department.
- Provide leadership in all lean/continuous improvement efforts
- Create a customer-oriented, metrics-driven, fact-based culture that emphasizes accountability
- Maintain and improve the morale of the workforce by applying plant rules and policies fairly and consistently
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Set a positive example for each employee with respect to work ethic, attitude, and attendance
Candidate Skills and Requirements:
- At least 10 years of progressive manufacturing management / supervisory experience.
- At least 5 years experience as CNC Machining Manager or similar (working on a similar position at this time).
- Manufacturing experience in Automotive is a MUST.
- Understanding of CNC programming and set-up
- Demonstrated experience in implementing /utilizing lean tools-techniques (Standard Work, TPM, 5S, Kanban, VSM, Set-up Reduction).
- Able to design all department strategies and growing / investment plans, to plan ahead while maintaining priorities.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills needed. Must be a strong leader. Able to “lead by example” and coach the machining team.
- Team player promoting corporate values with all employees.
- Identify and foster talent to become leaders.
- BS in engineering degree or similar education preferred.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.