Following a period of growth and investment, our client, a leading global manufacturer, is searching for a General Manager to drive performance and oversee all operations. Reporting into the main board, the ideal candidate will be responsible for achieving the aims of the business as well as structuring and growing the management team alongside developing a rolling 3-5 year business plan.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that health and safety is regarded throughout the business as the number one priority.
- Oversee and responsible for all production activities on site, ensuring that KPI’s are successfully met.
- Set and achieve the annual/monthly operational budget and KPI’s across the business.
- Control overall levels of expenditure within the business to either budget or below.
- Report to the MFG Board on all business KPI’s.
- Ensure that all departments within the business have the training, skills and resources to achieve the goals expected of them.
- Create, develop and responsible for implementing a rolling 3-5 year business plan.
- Ensure that all employees of the business work towards:
- Continuous Product improvement and Productivity.
- Continuous improvement of Internal Scrap.
- Customers’ total satisfaction regarding Quality and delivery.
- Review, trial and implement new processes and materials to improve competitive edge.
- Take an active lead role in all continuous improvement initiatives, such as Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, etc.
- Management of succession planning within the business.
- To formulate company policy on all matters as required.
- Annual Production & Sales targets achieved as described in the company KPI’s.
- Maintain expenditure within budget levels.
- Continual improvement in Customer satisfaction/delivery performance.
- Continual improvement in Safety.
- Continual improvement in Plant utilisation.
Candidate Qualifications & Requirements:
- Previously held a General Manager, Director of Operations, Director of Manufacturing, Senior Plant Manager position or similar with full P&L responsibility within the manufacturing sector.
- Strong manufacturing backgound and Lean practices.
- Experience with team development and business growth preferred.
- Foundry knowledge would be a significant advantage, although not essential and not required. Metal fabrication or CNC machining a plus.
- Experience managing teams in a dynamic production environment to achieve budgeted targets.
- Commercial acumen to lead and make strategic business decisions.
- The ability to deliver a 3-5 year business plan.
- Business and influencing skills for developing new markets (experience not required). Experience with maintaining key customer relationships is highly preferred.
- Must have strong leadership skills with performance management experience.
- A change agent who is dynamic, empathetic, and a quick decision maker.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Turnaround experience preferred.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Bachelor degree required. Masters degree preferred.