Our client is high growth metal mechanic manufacturing leader in the Americas servicing the automotive, aerospace and industrial sectors who seeks an experienced Plant Manager to manage their Metal Mechanic Automotive plant in Queretaro, Mexico and to work with a strong sense of urgency to drive daily results, create a vision, set goals and hold the team accountable. Candidates must have a strong leadership presence and proven success motivating a workforce in a labor intensive environment. The Plant Manager will lead all operational functions of the site ensuring alignment to Corporate Values. This hands on leader will be accountable for planning and allocating resources as required to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction in a continuously changing and highly accountable environment. The key to our client’s continued growth and success is their dedication to initiatives of improving our leadership bench strength, so developing future leaders will be an essential function of this position. The Plant Manager plans and allocates resources as required to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Organizing: Reviews and adjusts the organization to assure the resources are allocated for both daily performance and long-term success.
- Directing: Manages all operations functions through managers, supervisors, and team leaders.
- Leading: Provides leadership to all Queretaro site employees, promoting the mission, values and Fundamentals of the company.
- Controlling: Assures that customer requirements are met, corporate policy is followed, and action plans are completed on time and within budget. Meets or exceeds goals for the year.
- Development: Coach, teach and mentor employees to facilitate their long-term development, career path alignment and bench strength for future growth opportunities.
- Leads leadership teams adherence to Business Plans, Performance Standards, and Individual Development Plans.
- Plans and adjusts labor and other resources as necessary to maintain flexibility in response to customer needs.
- Assures that schedules for work for all process lines are in accordance with Queretaro facility capabilities, customer requirements, economic performance and long range planning, expediting as required.
- Works with Sales to ensure customer requirements are met and complaints are resolved in a timely manner, visiting customers as required.
- Ensures a safe and environmentally compliant operation.
- Ensures all employees maintain quality levels required by our customers and Quality System standards.
- Sets up and makes sure all operations records are properly maintained and reviewed.
- Maintains an extremely clean facility and makes sure equipment maintenance is acceptable.
- Works on Company-wide improvement projects as assigned.
- Performs other miscellaneous job duties and related functions as needed.
- Plans and supports Continuous Improvement efforts and cost out initiatives.
- Works with Technologies on implementation of Best Practice process.
- Coaches, teaches and mentors employees and teams.
- At least 7 years of experience as a Plant Manager in a Metal Mechanic Automotive manufacturing plant.
- 7-10 Years of Strong Leadership experience in a labor intensive production/manufacturing environment in Mexico.
- Experience in Labor Management, Quality, Lean, and Continuous Improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Financial acumen. Previous Profit and Loss accountability, budgets, and variance reporting
- Hands-on and collaborative Leadership Style.
- Strong problem solving skills (root cause analysis).
- Strong presence and proven success motivating a workforce
- Previous experience creating a vision, setting goals, holding teams accountable, providing feedback and driving results. Able to difficult decisions.
- High sense of urgency
- Previous success managing in a continuously changing environment with good judgement.
- Previous experience evaluating performance and developing future leaders
- Desire for future growth & responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Engineering or other related field strongly desired.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
Executive Search Leader: Jorge Roldan, CPC