Our client, who is quickly becoming the largest eCommerce partner in the world, is looking for a passionate Front-end Developer with a knack for creating captivating user experiences. The front-end Development team is highly motivated, fast-moving, and collaborative, working hand-in-hand with the UX/UI team to create portfolio-worthy eCommerce experiences and using the latest technology stacks, collaboration tools, and processes.
The ideal candidate will create front-end prototypes and custom Shopify themes, become an expert in Conversion Rate Optimization, helping brands convert customers and make a big impact, and work directly with the Creative Team, Account Strategists and Project Managers. He or she will have the opportunity to push the boundaries of digital technology and present high-quality, interactive eCommerce storefronts.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Translate requirements and mockups into fully functioning websites using HTML/CSS/JS.
- Continuously look for ways to improve conversion rates and implement A/B tests.
- Rigorously educate yourself with the latest development techniques and best practices.
- Clearly communicate solutions to team members and clients both verbally and in written documentation.
- Implement new digital technologies or development techniques that help to meet client goals and business objectives.
- Ongoing website maintenance including functional changes to eCommerce storefronts.
CANDIDATE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- A strong passion for front-end architecture as well as driven attitude towards learning new web technologies.
- Excellent ability to convert PSD mockups into interactive digital experiences.
- Demonstrated proficiency in hand-coding (no WYSIWYG) HTML using semantic markup, and CSS layout / positioning.
- Experience using JS Frameworks (jQuery, etc).
- Examples of responsive web design.
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions. Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills.
- eCommerce development experience (Shopify, Magento, Volusion, etc.)
- Understanding of conversion rate optimization or data-driven product development (analytics, a/b testing, etc.)
- Experience developing with prototype frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Experience integrating dynamic content solutions with AJAX or API Services
- Familiarity developing with CSS pre-processors (LESS, SASS, etc.) Knowledge of version control systems (SVN/GitHub etc.)
- Versed in agile development and best practices