Our client is a leading automotive entertainment systems manufacturer, and is successfully extending their market leadership in all areas of automotive audio systems. Our client is seeking exceptional embedded software engineers to contribute to this dynamic and fast growing business.
The embedded software (Microcontroller & DSP Platform) engineer will initially contribute to software maintenance and issue resolution for a code base that is used in a large number of automotive audio products. The knowledge gained will then be applied to a new product development software design for future growth.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of S years' embedded software product development with a BS degree or 2-3 year with a MS degree Experience with software development in C/C++ (emphasis on C)
- Working knowledge of Embedded Micro and DSP hardware architectures, Atmel/ARM/SHARC/MIPS
- Experience with network and serial communications protocols (e.g. CAN, RS-232, SPI, 12C, MOST, EAVB)
- Working knowledge of electrical design (schematics analysis/interpretation)
- Experience with real-time operating systems and embedded systems
- Ability to use protocol analyzers, oscilloscopes and other debugging tools and techniques
- Excellent communications skills, including ability to produce clear and concise technical software documentation
- Demonstrable problem solving ability (debugging, root-cause)
- Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in scripting languages, Python, Perl or other
- Good understanding of debugging techniques, HAG / gdb
- Source control software experience
- Good understanding of Cross-complier environments, Cygwin / GCC compiler
- Experience in multi-processor and multi-core systems
- Experience writing and modifying device drivers and boot loaders
- Analysis and optimization of micro-controller/DSP MIPs and memory utilization
- Automotive or aerospace industry experience a plus
- Experience in audio product development is desired
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline (computer engineering, electrical engineering), Math or Computer Science.