Our client is a major medical device and medical supplies leader who seeks an EHS Manager who will lead, plan, develop, maintain and execute the safety culture and safety programs at the Reynosa facility. Also develops and delivers policies, procedures, auditing, training, communications and educational materials to promote increased understanding, appreciation and adherence to safe operating practices throughout the workplace to ensure compliance with Mexican standards and government regulations.
- Compliance with all Federal, State and local Safety and Health regulations.
- Maintains all required compliance documentation, conducts all required safety compliance training, and assures implementation of compliance with the Mexican regulations and Safety Management System, and serves as an active team member of the Workers Compensation Program of IMSS.
- The safety manager will foster communication, training, and awareness to build a workforce familiar with “Behavioral Safety” to promote a zero-injury culture.
- Conduct safety training and implements proactive programs to mitigate employee injuries and illnesses.
- Chair Division Safety Committee and acts as catalyst for assuring corrective actions are taken for items raised by safety committee members.
- Conduct facility inspections.
- Apprise operations senior management on safety related issues and regulations which may impact the business.
- Work with Facilities and Operations to provide input during the planning and execution of engineering and new technology applications to ensure that related safeguards are incorporated which meet all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for chemical management entering facility, internal storage, usage and maintain all MSDSs for site.
- May develop, train and maintain an effective Emergency Response Team to ensure Appropriate response in the event of an emergency incident.
- Industrial Engineering or similar educational background with experience in Safety, Health and Environment.
- 2-3 years of experience in the EHS Department
- Experience in a leadership role
- Interaction with STPS, SEMARNAT, SEDUMA, CNA, PROFEPA and other Government entities.
- Will be responsible for two occupational Engineers.
- Responsible for complying with all the Safety and Environmental requirements of his area and/or position.