Our client is a privately-owned, very high growth, direct-to-consumer, online-only furniture brand known for their large selection of modern style sofas and furniture. This industry leader seeks a Plant Operations Manager to oversee their Mexico entity which has grown over 600% in the last two and a half years. This position includes three key areas of responsibility duties. These include:
- Responsible for Producing Quality Products at the lowest possible cost and delivering them on time.
- Responsible for the development of strong teams and World class techniques in Manufacturing and Production management including: Safety deployment, successful new product introductions and continuous improvement strategies to lower costs and improve quality.
- Responsible for leading a high performing manufacturing team (Production Manager, Production control Manager, Purchasing Manager, Warehouse Manager, and Quality Manager) in a manufacturing plant with a headcount of over 380 employees.
- Leadership for the plant manufacturing team and developing leadership skills for the management staff.
- Develop Manufacturing Strategies & Development plans supporting company strategies & Corporate Goals and Objectives
- Oversees production, planning, quality, process engineering, maintenance, supply chain and materials control, logistics, and EHS.
- Ensures successful New Product launches and determines processes and procedures (SOP’s).
- Ensures Quality & Cost improvement and project development.
- Improves supply chain and production planning.
- Develops a continuous improvement culture
- Implements and improves Key Metric indicators and makes sure they are adhered to.
- Supports and encourages a Safe Work environment and oversees compliance with Environmental laws.
- Works with the Sales & Marketing team to identify/implement cost and quality improvement opportunities.
- Identifies, lead, and supports working capital improvements and inventory reduction opportunities
- Established contingency plans based on business plan risk assessment
- Responsible for plant budget and cost savings
- At least 5 years previous experience as a Plant Manager, Operations Manager, or Sr Production Manager in a mid-size manufacturing operation.
- Previous experience running a wood working facility (WOOD MILL) or department. Wood working experience required. May substitute furniture manufacturing.
- Furniture manufacturing, and/or cut & sew is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in a ramp-up or expansion is desirable.
- Must have experience with World Class Manufacturing (i.e. Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement methodologies).
- Must have experience and knowledge with budgets and KPI / metrics.
- Must be familiar with Mexico/U.S. border issues and challenges and Maquiladora (IMMEX) entities.
- Solid Production, Production Control and Planning and Process engineering knowledge.
- Quality background is desirable.
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish.
- Candidate will have strong leadership skills, excellent problem solving, good communication and a high capacity for analysis.
- Current U.S. tourist visa with the ability to train in the U.S.
NO RELOCATION SUPPORT AVAILABLE. HIGHLY PREFER LOCAL CANDIDATES