Our client is a global leader in plastic molded components and assembly for Tier 1 Automotive clients who currently seeks an "Operations Manager" (Plant Operations Manager) to oversee a manufacturing operation for its state-of-the-art plastic injection molding and painting plant located in Queretaro, Qro., Mexico
This key manager ensures manufacturing of products and plastic molded components according to required client specifications in the manufacturing site. Oversees strictly manufacturing operations and supervises a team of 5 managers. Maintains production processes according to quality standards, cost, on-time delivery, productivity and efficiency targets, and safety metrics. Ensures production plans are met. Responsible for KPI’s and budget elaboration and control. Position reports directly to the General Manager of Mexico Operations. This position must be able to grow to a General Manager level.
- Responsible for KPI’s and elaboration and control of budget for both Queretaro and the Toluca plants; explains variances on a monthly basis.
- Develops and executes strategies.
- Ensures teams’ coordination and planning of production for Queretaro and Toluca plants.
- Supervises Plastics Injection Molding Manager, Assembly Manager, Painting Manager, Maintenance Manager, and Facilities Manager.
- Elaborates and analyzes reports on production program completion and metrics
- Manages all resources to achieve results.
- Responsible for CAPEX strategy development and oversees equipment maintenance and facilities for plant operations for both Queretaro and Toluca.
- Provides direction and support to assembly plant, plastic injection molding & painting plant.
- Verifies quality standards and procedures.
- Ensures NPI introductions are successful in their production launch. Ensures successful transfer of equipment.
- Promotes safety culture and conducts audits.
- Promotes and ensures the 5's culture.
- Develops high performance teams.
- Analyzes and verifies metrics and performance for plant operations.
- Develops and supports subordinates (5 Managers) on implementing progressive discipline with a win-win approach.
- Conducts performance evaluations.
- Supports Managers in conducting performance evaluations.
- Ensure MES System and SAP system is functional.
- Must have a least 7 years of experience as a Plant Manager of large site.
- Experience with Class A Automotive Parts is a must to be considered. Painting of plastic molded components or metal components a strong plus.
- Must have a strong production background.
- Knowledge of production processes, continuous improvement, and problem solving techniques.
- Lean Manufacturing experience required. Six Sigma Black Belt desirable.
- Strong background at executing business strategies and action plans.
- Experience managing union and non-union personnel.
- Ideal candidate will be structured, systematic, adaptable and resilient.
- Must be assertive and results oriented.
- Must be a team player able to integrate teams, a strong leader and coach.
- Fluent in English (90% minimum) and Spanish
- Bachelor degree in Engineering is required.
Executive Search Leader: Jorge Roldan, CPC