Our client, an international manufacturer catering to the aviation industry, is seeking a Human Resource Manager for their operations in Tijuana, Baja California which are in the middle of an aggressive ramp-up. This position manages the implementation, interpretation, and administration of Mexico's human resources policies and programs for the Company in the areas of employee relations, recruitment and selection, training and development, compensation administration, and motivational programs. Works in conjunction with Director of Operations and area managers in all aspects of human resources. Identifies areas to improve morale, leadership skills, and organizational effectiveness. Spearheads effective retention strategies which reduce turnover and maximize performance.
- Effectively manage labor relations in the Tijuana, Mexico facilities.
- Consult with managers to ensure consistent application of HR policies and company procedures.
- Motivate employees and develop a good working environment through team building.
- Develops and executes effective recruitment strategies for both direct and indirect employees.
- Investigate employee grievances and recommend solutions
- Review progressive discipline documentation and terminations to ensure legal compliance
- Provide organization and position design guidance to managers.
- Design and implement leadership and managerial training.
- Develop HR strategies and implement actions.
- Research maquiladora market to recommend salary budget and compensation and benefit strategies.
- Prepare and update the annual departmental budget.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to management on things like turnover, absenteeism, hiring, etc.
- Develops and implements comprehensive retention strategies.
- Develops a robust on-boarding process.
- Acts as a strategic business partner to the Director of Operations
- Oversees security and general affairs.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 8 years Human Resources related experience with at least 5 years in a management role.
- Familiarity with manufacturing or maquiladoras In Mexico. Prefer knowledge of Tijuana market.
- Strong knowledge of Mexican labor law, employee relations, training & development, compensation & benefits administration, and recruiting.
- Ability to relate with Senior Management and line production workers. Acts as a true business partner to Director of Operations.
- Candidate must possess good organization, time management, problem solving and supervisory skills.
- Excellent leadership skills; Coaching and mentoring skills are required.
- Must have a fine mix of both tactical (hands-on) and strategic experience and skills
- High energy with the ability to multi-task, work with a sense of urgency and facilitate change. Able to work long hours to support a start-up operation.
- Experience developing a motivated workforce is required.
- Candidate should be active in the community and develop a positive company image.
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish fluency 90%+) written and spoken.
- A bachelor degree or equivalent experience is required.