Our client, a Worldwide leader and World Class Automotive Manufacturer of consumer products, is seeking a Senior Strategic Purchasing Manager to lead all efforts with suppliers of Raw Materials and MRO for their San Luis Potosi, Mexico site. This position will manage and provide direction to a Managers, Supervisors and over 10 buyers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the development and management of certain global/regional commodity strategies designed to leverage collective purchasing power.
- Maximize synergistic opportunities to optimize supplier performance, reduced total supply costs while meeting our technology expectations throughout the supply chain.
- Ensure commodity plan deliverables meet designed strategies.
- Negotiate key supplier contracts.
- Provide global leadership in the communication, implementation, coordination, and enforcement of commodity strategies.
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Motivating Others
- Process Management
- Sizing up people (Indv)
Qualifications & Requirements
- 10 plus years of experience as a Sr. Strategic Purchasing Manager within a dynamic Automotive manufacturer.
- Solid experience in Sourcing of new suppliers of Raw Materials and MRO; supplier visits, audits, contingency plans, scorecards, VMI's, JIT, contract negotiations, including price and terms.
- Experience purchasing raw materials in Asia, Europe, the US, Mexico and Brazil.
- Ability to supervise a group over 15 people of mid or senior level purchasing professionals and/or entry level manager.
- Strong functional and technical skills.
- Ability to travel over 30% of the time to visit suppliers.
- Proficient in English - minimum 90%.
- University Diploma in related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Ability to provide functional leadership.
- Certified Purchasing Manager by APICS is a big plus.