The Barbachano International group is currently seeking a Molding Press Manager for our client, an advanced materials manufacturing leader, in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. The ideal candidate will provide manufacturing leadership and direction in the quality, cost, scheduling, safe production and on-time shipment of company products. Ensure proper staffing and training of teammates and that manufacturing operations remain within budgetary requirements. Oversee a team of over 100 employees, 2 production leaders in 4 shifts 7/24 with over 10 molding presses in 2 plants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with Human Resources in hiring, developing, counseling and discipline of department Teammates.
- Coordinate with HSE Manager to ensure safe work environment and monitor investigation of workplace accidents.
- Develop and maintain necessary reports, records and files.
- Create and administer department budget and work plans.
- Coordinate with the master scheduler to ensure materials and staffing are managed to meet company objectives.
- Manage all press production (molding), product finishing, and ensure conformance to customer order and company specifications.
- Indirect material purchase requisitions. Maintain employee/production department work efficiencies.
- Support the implementation and evaluation of manufacturing processes, emphasizing those, which provide cost savings or improve production methods.
- Directs Lean efforts.
- Safety Committee.
- Complete other assignments as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University Degree in Business or Manufacturing Management, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent of 5-7 years overall in job experience.
- Formal Training in Lean techniques and implementation.
- Minimum 7-10 years of progressively responsible production/manufacturing management experience (i.e. Molding Manager, Production Manager, Press Manager).
- Strong background in coordinating work activities of various production, planning and support departments.
- Highly prefer experience with high pressure molding and press machines. (i.e. compression molding, thermoforming, resin transfer molding, plastic injection molding).
- Experience with participating in Lean culture development.
- Must have a high sense of urgency, be a self-starter with high energy, and results oriented.
- Must have good planning skills.