Our client is a global leader in logistics 3PL who is undergoing aggressive growth in its Mexico operations and currently seeks a Senior Executive Director of Operations for its Queretaro, Mexico site. This position provides support and technical expertise to business efforts that impact areas including operations, incentives, finance modeling, pricing, financial reporting, staffing, budget and forecast development, and new business ventures. This position is responsible for the performance (P&L) of the Queretaro 3PL site with over 600,000 sq/ft. and over 1200 headcount. This includes, but is not limited to: Meeting daily customer shipping expectations, delivering against customer contract metrics, budget adherence, labor and asset management, and developing operational improvement programs to drive efficiency and effectiveness.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Negotiate with customer, follow up and achieve KPI’s
- Develop operational performance, financial goals, and growth plans with Account Management Directors
- Ensure daily shipping activities are executed and accountable for performance shortfalls –develop corrective action plans when performance falls below target
- Optimize short and long range labor and asset pool for the region and leverage regions
- Build and improve relationships with suppliers of services –carriers, temp agencies, realtors, etc. to improve regional execution performance
- Ensure efficiency and quality goals are attained at each location
- Lead Human Resource development through appropriate training, development and succession planning
- Align and embody the organization Worldwide values
- Implement account management strategy and metrics to ensure process commonality and continuity across regions for individual customers / industries
- Drive standardization across warehouse execution procedures
- Develop consistency across regions with other regional operations directors
- Define tasks and activities for each area within the scope and align them to create a single workforce
- Create effective communication bridge with client
- Provide a clear view of the purpose of each area to the main Managers and delimit their scope and activities
- Provide support and guidelines to direct reports
- Establish deadlines for each area
- Create plans and strategies for continuous improvement
- Meet SMART Targets within time targets
- Have a proper management of time for the established targets
- Partnership with Human Resources’ development efforts and integrate his/her team to the activities proposed by setting the example
- Improve companies’ leadership team impression by exceeding results expectations from key client and by keeping a positive attitude
- Demonstration of Core Values inside and outside the Warehouse
Demonstration of the following competencies:
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Dealing with Paradox
- Personal Learning
- Managing Vision & Purpose
- Strategic Agility
- Wholesale Pick & Pack
- Apparel and Soft Goods
- Equipment – Maintenance, CAPEX, process improvement
Planning & Process Governance
- Slotting Analysis
- Continuous Improvement
- Customer Service
- Business Analysis
- Budget Control
- Previous experience is a similar position such as a Senior level Manager/Director of Operations position overseeing a site.
- 3PL management experience is highly preferred but may consider a Director of Operations or General Manager of a large Distribution (or multi-site Distribution locations) or Manufacturing site.
- Previous experience overseeing Mexico and/or Latin America site(s) is highly preferred. Ideal candidate will have worked in the U.S. (3+ years or more). U.S. expatriates in Mexico will be considered.
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience in Logistics, Transportation and Warehousing.
- Account management or customer relations experience is important for this role.
- Strong Finance knowledge (ie. P&L) and metrics driven.
- Experience with strategic thinking Project Management
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of developing high performing teams.
- Ideal candidate will be confident, assertive, diplomatic and with a high degree of emotional intelligence and good judgment and possess strategic agility.
- Must have good influencing skills, able to deal with ambiguity; able to bridge differing opinions.
- Familiar with ERP and WMS.
- Bilingual – fluency in English and Spanish required.
Other job preferences:
- Preferable to have knowledge of the European culture, as well.