World leading manufacturer of consumer models for stereo systems is seeking an IT Manager - MES for its operations in Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Define roadmap for software solutions and tools utilized across our manufacturing operations.
- Develops program requirements, budgets, and staffing to support the roadmap. Identifies, assesses, and deploys solutions and tools that integrate with the company’s manufacturing work centers, factory automation, and enterprise information systems.
- Provide functional leadership for a team of analysts, solution architects and program managers.
- Create approaches to better utilize information for monitoring, traceability, and reporting of production processes.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Advanced degree (Master's), in applicable field is a plus.
- At least 10 years of direct IT related work experience.
- At least seven (7) years working in a supervisory role.
- Previous experience in technical leadership.
- Previous experience developing and managing budgets for multiple functional areas in IT.
- Experience with IT lifecycle development methodology, project management, and software selection.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills, including vendors and external service providers. Managing to SLA’s, metrics, etc.
- Decision-maker and coordinator of critical issues.
- Solutions driver who excels in a fast-paced environment and provides unparalleled support to the business.
- Strong understanding of IT services delivery processes grounded in standards such as ITIL. Having an ITIL certification would be a plus but not a must.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong time management and personal organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to travel at times up to 10%
- Exceptional process analysis and design capabilities; understanding of implications to data/systems.
- Ability to interface with and influence across all company levels including senior executives.
- Superior business acumen and ability to quantify process improvements.
- Ability to manage change and engender support across a diverse and dynamic culture.
- Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strategic thinking with a proven track record of defining software solutions and tools supporting a global manufacturing environment.
Experience and Education
- Process manufacturing experience.
- Must have experience with Manufacturing Execution System (MES) concept and functionality.
- 10+ years of defining, documenting, and improving processes and managing related projects.
- Functional or line management experience.
- Must have knowledge of LEAN, Six Sigma, or related expertise.