Our client is a global consumer electronics corporation experiencing high growth in their Mexico operation, and as a result seeks a Plant Finance Manager to be based in its Fresnillo, Zacatecas Mexico site. This Finance Manager will act as a partner and advisor to the Plant Manager. Fresnillo, Zacatecas is 45 minutes from the beautiful colonial city of Zacatecas.
- Supporting Sr Finance Controller based in the USA for all financial reporting functions including: General ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory transactions, cost accounting, and variance analysis for manufacturing assembly plant based in Fresnillo, Zacatecas Mexico.
- Review and prepare supplier payments
- Create production-related reporting (KPI/balance scorecard) including scrap, efficiency and output
- Lead the monthly close process and third party audits
- Review, monitor and approve travel advances and expense reports
- Prepare monthly journal entries for review
- Statutory Accounting
- Liaison with third party import/export and fiscal financial team for Mexican separate legal entity.
- Review and authorize pre-payroll outsourced to a third party.
- Monthly review and reconciliation of ERP system inventory vs Fiscal Inventory balances. Improve inventory accuracy.
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Hire and train accounting staff
- Supervising local Accounting staff of 3 to 5 direct reports.
- Bilingual – Fluency in Spanish and English
- Bachelor’s Degree Accounting or Finance (or equivalent)
- 5 years experience in a manufacturing / production environment as a Finance Manager, Controller, or Sr. Accounting Manager
- Strong cost accounting experience.