Our client is a company specializing in the manufacture of luxury architectural finishes from hardwood and vinyl flooring to wall coverings, doors and other building products. Our client, headquartered in San Diego, California is globally recognized with an impeccable reputation for ultra-premium best-in-class quality and innovatively designed products.
The VP of Operations will oversee management of all customer service, IT, Quality, sourcing, warehouse, and transit (transportation) of our entire line of products in the most cost effective manner within quality standards while achieving optimum labor, and least amount of overhead and resource costs. Oversee maximum efficiency in design and production. Ensure inventory and deliverables operate at levels which meet customers’ needs and established financial benchmarks. Formulate and recommend policies and programs which guide the Company in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation. Direct activities so that approved deliverables are completed on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives. Position reports to CEO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide leadership to logistics, inventory control, quality systems, light manufacturing and mfg outsourcing, and distribution management within a global organization (USA, Mexico, China)
- Managing teams to ensure deliverables are produced in a timely and cost effective manner
- Ensuring standards for product quality, equipment, and operator performance are maintained and that cost-effective technology is used to maximize production; ensuring fixed assets are preserved; initiating recommendations on purchases of new equipment and improvements
- Developing, monitoring, and reporting on operating costs within functional areas; alerting management of cost and labor over run; recommending and implementing solutions to problems related to same
- Ensuring deliverables are made according to needs, specifications, and quality standards
- Managing effectively budget and controls expenses
- Hiring, training, developing, and appraising staff effectively; taking corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policies
- Keeping up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance
- Advising managers on labor issues including safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, training, grievances, and the like; ensuring managers and supervisors comply with company policies and administering practices in fair and equitable manner
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related major, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10 or more years as VP of Operations, Senior Director of Operations, General Manager, VP/Sr Director Supply Chain or similar in a related industry and a global organization.
- Strong background in logistics, inventory control, and distribution management. Knowledge of quality systems.
- Light manufacturing and outsourcing of manufacturing is highly preferred.
- Must have excellent operations background in a mid-size company or high growth global company. Previous experience leading a company through high growth stages is very desirable.
- Experience using NetSuite or similar ERP system (i.e. Inventory control and warehouse modules)
- Must be PC proficient and have the ability to present functional specifications to IT department
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Ideal candidate will be an excellent leader with a proven track record of developing high performing work groups and creating a winning culture.
- Must possess excellent judgement, organization skills, high capacity for analysis, and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus but not required.