Leading Automotive Parts manufacturer is looking for a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer for its Tijuana, Mexico location. The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer will maintain APQP documentation related to manufacturing and production, including PFMEA, PFD, Work Instructions.
- Support Program Managers with new program launches by providing technical support.
- Support Product and Equipment Design reviews.
- Support maintenance team with documentation for set-up instructions, troubleshooting instructions.
- Coordinates the process of cross functional generation and review of PFMEA’s with support of the APQP team.
- Supports Program Managers in the development of programs and prototype builds.
- Participates in the development of programs and prototype builds.
- Reviews/Specifies fixture, tooling and equipment design.
- Analyzes and works to improve OEE.
- Participates in the activities related to his/her position to support business unit team to sustain and improve process and quality performance.
- Continuous Improvement activities in terms of Quality, Cost, Time, according company objectives and Customer Expectations.
- Responsible for managing and updating tooling drawings, and layouts.
- Responsible for the training of operators, team leaders and maintenance staff on use and basic maintenance of equipment.
- Initiates and manages plans and ideas for cost reduction and/or quality improvement measures.
- Supports Quality Engineers to respond to quality issues and conduct 8D’s.
- Participates and provides technical expertise in meetings with customers, suppliers, and the APQP team with respect to design/launch reviews.
- Maintains proper filing systems in accordance with guidelines and standards of the organization to ensure that all information is properly stored, and easily retrieved.
- Assist in the development of quotations, for new work and engineering changes.
- Creates and maintains manufacturing, maintenance and production documentation related to program launch and production sustainability with the assistance of the APQP team.
- Creates and maintains documentation in the area of PFD’s, DFMEA/PFMEA’s, and Work Instructions.
- Coordinating and Support on Lean –Six Sigma activities.(Kaizen)
- Support Visual Factory Management on production floor.
- Coordinating with PM support VSM updates, analysis, improvement plan and execution.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Management.
Reports to the Program Manager directly and indirectly to the Engineering Manager and is responsible to him/her for the effective execution of his/her responsibilities.
Minimum Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science/Engineering Degree in Mechanical or Electro Mechanical, 5 years minimum Manufacturing Engineering experience in the automotive industry.
- 10 years related experience in the manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including electric soldering iron, riveting, etc.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Fluent in English.
- Thorough understanding of GD&T, QFD, DFM, DFA, DFS, DVP&R, VA/VE, DOE, PFMEA, Floor Plans, PFD’s, Control Plans.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing methods.