Our client a world class automotive decorative plastic and plated parts manufacturer is looking for a Sales Manager to represent the face of the company, work to grow and enhance existing accounts while identifying and prospecting new strategic opportunities to secure new business. “Voice of the customer for Mexico.”
- Utilize existing networking skills and contacts.
- Build long-term customer relations.
- Gather and communicate information on customers, market, products and competitor activity.
- Have full responsibility for the complete sales process (e.g. Negotiate pricing, T’s & C’s, etc.).
- Interact effectively within the organization.
- Participate in social networking with the customers, including lunches, dinners, sporting events, etc.
- Champion/Support customer visits, audits, etc. at our manufacturing/tooling locations in Mexico.
- Tackle miscellaneous assignments, as required.
- Five to 10 years progressive automotive experience.
- Background in: sales, engineering, program management and manufacturing.
- Plastics knowledge/experience.
- Ability to interact effectively with the customer.
- Strong organization and communication skills, good follow-through and attention to detail.
- Advanced interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manager numerous activities.
- Highly results-oriented; self-starter that is self-managed and self-motivated.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Fluent in English
- Established contacts at Tier I suppliers and OEM’s would be a plus.
- Chrome plating knowledge/experience is a plus.
- An understanding of the business challenges associated with the automotive market.
- Travel is required mainly inside of Mexico