Our client is a prestigious aerospace manufacturer seeking for a Buyer for its operation in Tijuana. The ideal candidate will plan, organize and control the business, contracts and negotiations to support the strategic acquisition of materials and services for the company.
Position reports to Sr. Procurement Manager.
Primary Areas of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall supplier relationship, supplier performance and purchasing department duties for the assigned commodities, including quality, cost, delivery, service, and technology.
- Serves in supplier agreement negotiations, renegotiations and contract addendums. Negotiates performance-based, preferred supplier agreements, to provide incentive for continuous supplier improvement.
- Encourages and coordinates early supplier involvement in highly technical and/or contractually complex new products, parts, and designs using the suppliers’ expertise to optimize quality and manufacturability.
- Works to support the development and application of a strategic commodity plan in order to define a preferred supplier base for highly technical and/or contractually complex commodities.
- Represents procurement on cross-functional strategic commodity teams that focuses on strategic supply challenges and ensures internal/external customer needs are satisfied.
- Purchasing Policy and Procedure contribution and adherence including process improvement.
- Meet or exceed company’s cost, delivery and supplier quality targets.
- Appreciated team member within Purchasing, but also with Engineering and Production.
Preferred Experience, Education & Skills:
- Automotive, power sports or similar industry (highly competitive, serial production, high part mix, suppliers risk managed)
- Experience transitioning to new IT / business system
- Previous experience with composite design and manufacturing
- Both start-up and corporate experience
- Knowledgeable in ERP (PLEX) Quality Management modules; web-based systems, and MS Excel (power user).
- BA/BS in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, Finance, Accounting or related field of discipline or equivalent experience. MBA desirable
- 5+ years of directly applicable supply/commodity management experience.
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team with product, manufacturing, quality, and engineering as well as procurement.
- Ability to work independently with strong decision-making skills while under limited supervision.
- Excellent program management, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with fabricated components and machining commodities.
- ISM and APICS certification preferred, i.e., C.P.M., CPIM, CPSM, CSCP.
- Convincing communicator
- Assertive / Confident
- Highly structured worker
- High attention to detail
- Self-starter / Results driven / Competitive
- Team player / Collaborative / Problem solver
- Action biased
- Energetic / Passionate
- Entrepreneurially minded