Position Purpose and Scope:
The purpose of this position is to ensure the availability of high precision, high quality plastic injection molds which meet all requirements for the production of injection molded components.
- Ensure all new plastic injection molds meet all required specifications, Mold Construction Specifications for a Class “A” Medical Mold.
- Govern all design, manufacturing, testing and development of new plastic injection molds, via collaboration with external mold manufacturing companies.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of all plastic injection molds, which shall include CAD drawings, 3D models, specifications, historical data, etc.
- Collaboration with the Molding Engineering Department in the testing, development and validation of new and existing plastic injection molds as required to ensure robust injection molding processes.
- Collaboration with the internal Tool Shop and external mold shops and suppliers to facilitate repairs and/or modifications to existing plastic injection molds as required to provide continuous process improvements.
- Provide technical support to other departments as required to facilitate the design and development of new products, processes, specifications, etc.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Plastics Engineering
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the design, manufacturing, repair, troubleshooting, modification and/or process optimization of high precision, multi-cavity plastic injection molds. A comprehensive knowledge of plastic injection molds is required.
- Must be capable in the use of basic computer software, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and CAD/CAM software i.e., AutoCAD, SolidWorks, VirtualGibbs, etc. a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of mold making processes.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is a plus, must be fluent in English, both written and oral.