Our client a well-established Produce Grower, Packer and Shipper currently seeks a Sales Manager who will provide growth to the group and will be responsible for an assigned territory within the USA
Regional Business Development Responsibilities:
- Primary territory (assigned region) includes: All of the West coast Region.
- Responsible for investigating and qualifying potential new customers, in the assigned territory, in alignment with the company’s sales plan.
- Plans and executes a recurring travel schedule for new customer qualification and development within the assigned region. Meets with targeted prospect customers to identify their needs, and effectively communicates our company’s capabilities. Establishes dialogue with prospect customers and maintains a persistence towards new customer development.
- Prepares and distributes prospect customer visit recaps and follows the timeline established for all action and follow up items.
- Attends industry and customer specific trade shows, conferences, and events to meet with prospect customers and identify new prospect customers.
Sales and Customer Management Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the sales, service, retention and growth of customer base (customers you develop and customers assigned to you)
- Manages customer price quotes and volume allocations within the outlined parameters, including daily market quotes, short term advance pricing (Ads and Lids), and contract pricing. Holds customers accountable to price, volume and date range commitments.
- Consistently participates in monitoring aging product inventory and proactively engages in selling aging and distressed product in all of our DC locations, with a primary focus on the company’s Texas DC.
- Manages assigned customers credit limits and accounts payables, and assists the Credit & Collections Supervisor with resolving late payments and short pays.
- Performs customer demand forecasting by completing a rolling 4 week advance forecast for all A frequency customers. Reviews forecast accuracy report on a weekly basis to improve performance, and meets/exceeds department accuracy goal.
- Runs and reviews customer sales and price performance reports using the sales reports database, customer reporting module, and Famous reporting system.
- Plans and executes a recurring travel schedule for visiting key customers to conduct in-person business reviews, to sell-in product line extensions, and to strengthen relationships. Prepares and distributes customer visit recaps and follows the timeline established for all action and follow up items.
- Works with the marketing boards and commissions to understand their marketing programs and communicates to targeted customers.
- Stays well informed on the fresh produce industry business trends, news and events. Shares with Sales Management and keeps Key Customers informed.
- Meets objective of becoming the product category expert for assigned customers.
- Establishes an interface with each key customer’s Senior Management Team, and maintains an organization chart of their key people and decision makers.
- Attends industry and customer specific trade shows and events.
- Prepares and executes quarterly and annual business reviews for the Sales Management Team.
- Actively works towards achieving annual bonus goal objectives (individual, sales team, and company objectives), and individual professional development goals.
- Works with the highest level of integrity and promotes a positive company image inside and outside the organization.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Integrity and Professionalism
- Reliability and Strong Work Ethic
- Minimum College Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 7 years fresh produce sales and business development experience
- A proven track record of fresh produce sales (FOB and program sales), and business development experience in the territory described above.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills.
- Experience with programs such as iTrade and Famous is a plus
- Bilingual Spanish & English is preferred but not required
- Sales experience with organic fresh produce is a plus but not required