We have been retained by a recognized pioneer of shelter service provider to the maquiladora sector who seeks a hands-on Accounting Operations Administrator to be based in their Nogales, Sonora Mexico location.
The position’s focus is to conduct internal audit and improve accounting (Accounts payable, accounts receivable, chart of accounts, reconciliation of accounts, fixed asset registers, payroll, etc.) and fiscal tax procedures and processes to increase accuracy and compliance. Also, ensures high quality transactional accounting services and efficiency to over 25 maquiladora clients.
Main Job Functions:
- Responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, chart of accounts, reconciliation of accounts, fixed asset registers, payroll.
- Improve customer satisfaction and deals with customers to provide guidelines, instruction manuals training and adherence and ensures performance and delivery.
- Implements audit procedures.
- Audits monthly reports such as general expenses and their analysis for submission to clients and corporate office.
- Ensures proper management of legal entity financial requirements: implements recommendations concerning tax, and other legal considerations.
- Works in conjunction with international accounting firm.
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. May consider Finance.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years Mexico general accounting background in the Maquiladora sector in Mexico. (i.e. Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, G/L, financial statement preparation and monthly close, and payroll)
- Must have Mexico tax experience.
- Audit experience is highly desirable.
- Highly prefer quality certifications as they relate to customer service, accounting, audit or administration.
- Experience with shared service centers is a plus.
- Bilingual English / Spanish
- Working knowledge of CONTPAC, SAP or similar. Advance skills with EXCEL.
- Ideal candidate will be tactful and able to integrate teams.
- Team player, adaptable and flexible dynamic professional with solid disposition and positive attitude required.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines with strong execution.
- Must have a customer service oriented attitude, high level of integrity, and must have high quality of work.
- Excellent communication skills.