Managing this search exclusively and retained by a Global, Public and world class manufacturing leader is currently looking for their Senior EHS Regional Manager to provide leadership, guidance and support to over 5 manufacturing plants located in various States of Mexico. Organization is currently growing in all their manufacturing locations, new product transfers are heading to their Mexico locations, production is at maximum and the company is not being affected by current market conditions. This critical function is being strategically transferred to one of the many manufacturing plants of the Division located in Mexico.
Non-negotiable requirements by the Company:
1.- Over 20 years of progressive experience within EHS and a proven track record of culture change, with a minimum of 10 years of experience in a Senior Management role supporting multiple manufacturing sites in Mexico.
2.- Proven work experience with Occupational Safety Management Systems and Culture Change.
3.- Ideal candidate is currently an EHS Director supporting multiple manufacturing sites in different geographic locations.
The Regional EHS Manager will help improve EHS management performance and help ensure audits and compliance across multiple sites in the Mexican Republic. This will involve driving a culture of proactive risk identification and mitigation while fostering a ethos of process and behavioral driven EHS management.
Required Experience and Education:
- Drive each site's Zero Harm journey and contribute to the company realizing its Zero Harm Vision.
- Provide professional EHS governance across the Mexico sites, and projects - facilitating and enabling senior management by developing relationships as EHS business partners.
- Provide interpretation and evaluation of EHS management performance to regional leadership, visibly lead, convey key messages, clarify deliverables and help them plan for better EHS performance.
- Monitor, guide and as necessary direct on the adequacy and continual improvement of each site's ISO aligned with the EHS Management System.
- Drive the adoption and implementation of EHS standards across the Mexico sites and projects.
- Provide focus on each site’s programs for EHS Risk Management, to help ensure EHS risks are systematically identified and mitigated against in a proactive and timely manner.
- Provide focus on each site’s programs for EHS Performance Evaluation (includes internal audits, monitoring / supervision activity etc.) to identify and manage NC’s (non-conformities).
- Coordinating and partaking in corporate EHS audit activity.
- Continually monitor to help ensure all EHS incidents are investigated and managed in accordance with standards.
- Rigorously drive accurate identification of NC root causes and pertinent corrections / corrective actions to enable continual improvement.
- Drive robust EHS Scorecard validation checks and reporting to facilitate company benchmark and measure EHS management across multiple performance indicators.
- Act as functional manager and coach to site and project based EHS personnel to help ensure they are engaged and developed to achieve their full potential and drive up EHS bench strength.
- Provide technical guidance to site based management, EHS personnel and other stakeholders regarding best practice EHS risk controls.
- Develop and deliver EHS communications, awareness programs and training, to help keep EHS front and center throughout the region.
- Steer and drive regional EHS performance to contribute to the company's CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) efforts.
- Act as champion for global EHS projects programs or initiatives, delivering specific tasks.
- Collaborate with other functions and departments to ensure that company's personnel's occupational safety, health and welfare is managed via their work.
- Maintain a robust working knowledge of new EHS developments to help ensure sites are in compliance with all regional laws and regulations.
- Act as primary point of contact for outside regulatory agencies and stakeholders, completing regulatory filings, and EHS related documentation and communications accordingly.
- Act as a team member in the Acquisition and Mergers process, review leases and purchase agreements associated with real property in order to determine environmental liabilities.
- Develop and track department and project budgets and financial reserves as necessary.
BS or BA degree in Occupational Safety & Health Management or a related field (MBA preferred).
Familiar with GMP, and ISO 14000 and 45000 quality system requirements.
A minimum of 20 years in leading and managing EHS groups and/or efforts of diverse teams for a Division and within a manufacturing environment.
Experience and comfort in delivering solid operating results, while executing in a remote management and team based environment.
Strong analytical, negotiation, communication (verbal & written), and presentation skill-sets and abilities are required.
Proficient in Microsoft Office products, and web/voice conferencing technologies.
Effective Leadership, customer oriented and work under pressure.
Effective communication and negotiation skills.
Project Management experience.
Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing training.
Well-developed administrative skills.
Ability to handle multiple tasks, with high awareness of deadlines.
Excellent organization and problem solving skills.
Ability to identify areas for continuous improvement.
Performance / coaching management abilities.
Focus on continuous improvement process.
Possess substantial knowledge best practice EHS Management and principles.
Leadership capabilities required to engage management with our EHS vision and roadmap.
Experience of Leading & participating on cross functional project teams
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including English language (Minimum 90% fluency).
Ability to influence and manage stakeholders at all levels within the organization.
Excellent Organizational and Planning skills.
Process driven with an understanding of structured problem solving.
Travel as required for the tasks to be completed (40% time) to attend meetings, seminars, workshops and continuing education classes in Mexico and Europe.
Executive Search Leader: Jorge Roldan, CPC