Our client is a motion control systems manufacturer in San Diego and is seeking for an experienced Sr. Financial Analyst. This role will develop, interpret, analyze and implement financial and accounting reports and models for all facets of financial analysis including financial reporting, strategic planning and internal control by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for various financial functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting, and analysis
- Collects and reviews financial data from various sources.
- Creates, maintains, and updates financial databases and spreadsheets, and generates various financial reports as required.
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation.
- Supports assigned managers in managing, tracking, monitoring, and reporting financial data as requested.
- Makes recommendations to management to improve the financial performance of the organization.
- Risk identification and mitigation responsibilities.
- Plans, studies and collects data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor.
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic report comparing bid costs to actual production costs.
- Participates as required in the financial planning and review cycles of assigned programs.
- Analyze and produce Cost to Complete and Estimates at Completion on programs and jobs on a regular basis.
- Identify job cost issues and the cost impact.
- Analyzes audits of costs and prepares reports.
- Compiles cost information to be used in operating budget preparation.
- Make or assist in estimates of new and proposed product or service costs.
- Assists the Finance Manager in the preparation of month-end, and year-end close.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data. Design - Demonstrates attention to detail. Problem Solving.
Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration; and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Government cost accounting (CAS/FAR) experience preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate to advanced Excel skills, knowledge of Word Processing software; Accounting software; Internet software and Database software.
???????Primarily an office environment with some exposure to the production environment.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.