Managing this search exclusively and retained by a global and world class manufacturing leader in their space, organization is currently growing in all manufacturing locations, production is at maximum and not being affected by current market conditions. This corporate function is being strategically transferred to one of the many manufacturing plants of the Division in the San Diego, Ca./Tijuana, Mexico region.
The Division Director of Procurement for all Mexico Operations is a critical commercial leadership role that will service multiple business units and a diverse mix of sites within specific region, while ensuring compliance to various global initiated activities. The position will drive and support Global Operations, while developing and implementing strategies for both direct and indirect materials & services that will reduce cost, improve quality & service levels, and mitigate risk to the overall enterprise.
Non negotiable requirements:
- A minimum of 8 years of proven experience as a "Director" of Procurement supporting and managing an "Entire Division" with over 10 manufacturing plants.
- Proven experience managing global procurement teams.
- Ideal candidate is currently working for an Automotive manufacturer or Electronic Contract Manufacturer.
- Develop and implement regional procurement strategies and budgets for large areas of spend that leverage the global scale of the enterprise to ensure proper economies of scale are achieved, while ensuring risk levels are appropriate and allow efforts to positively contribute to the business unit(s) and/or region in scope.
- Provide strategic purchasing and sourcing support to multiple legal entities, business units, and departments including, but not limited to the following: R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, QA/RA, Information Technology, and Distribution & Logistics.
- Lead contract negotiations; establish supply & service agreements, and lead dispute resolution with our supply base, while ensuring proper communication and interaction with internal stakeholders.
- Ensures and supervises the development of comprehensive local /regional site and Country market analysis for goods / services procured to drive the lowest total cost and maximum value to the company.
- Act as change agent on behalf of Procurement to implement solutions and processes as developed by the centralized procurement group.
- Together with local buyers, ensure timely delivery of all materials and services in support of manufacturing and / or operations.
- Supervise and/or lead site based Procurement and/or Materials organizations to ensure proper alignment with our cost reduction efforts and service levels to our customers (internal & external).
- Maintain an ability to identify, generate and evaluate alternatives, analyze data, reach logical conclusions, and formulate recommendations for management review and consideration. Responsible for identifying, analyzing and working with the material engineers to find a suitable replacement to current product, deliver savings, and implement projects on-time.
- Deliver on achievement and improvement upon defined key performance indicators.
- Develop a high performing regional Procurement team & liaise with other Leaders to ensure an effective and efficient execution of procurement strategy.
- Support all global procurement related activities for the region to ensure compliance with internal procedures and policies as a publicly traded manufacturer.
- Develop relationships and work closely with your key stakeholders and business leaders across all sites in your region to proactively respond to business strategies and gain support for all Procurement activities.
- Partner with Supplier Quality to develop key strategies to improve quality from our supply base.
BS or BA degree in Business, Engineering, Science or a related field (MBA preferred).
CPM or similar accreditation preferred.
Familiar with GMP, and ISO quality system requirements.
Experience and comfort in delivering solid operating results, while executing in a remote management and team based environment.
Strong analytical, negotiation, communication (verbal & written), and presentation skill-sets and abilities are required.
Proficient in SAP, Microsoft Office products, and web/voice conferencing technologies.
Effective Leadership, customer oriented and work under pressure.
Effective communication and negotiation skills.
Project Management experience.
Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing training.
Well-developed administrative skills.
Strong Analytical and numerical abilities.
Ability to handle multiple tasks, with high awareness of deadlines.
Excellent organization and problem solving skills.
Ability to identify areas for continues improvement.
Team work oriented.
Performance / coaching management abilities.
Focus on continues improvement process.
Proficiency in MS Office.
Executive Search Leader: Jorge Roldan, CPC