ABOUT THE COMPANY
We have been retained by our client who is a leader in the design and manufacture of high quality components.
ABOUT THE JOB
The purpose of the Engineering Manager
role is to direct activities that ensure manufacturing processes, equipment, and product configuration (BOM’s, Routers) support the requirements of Manufacturing Operations. Additionally the Engineering Manager role directs activities to reduce through improved process and material flow, decreased labor and reduced scrap.
Required Education and Experience
- Direct responsibility in leading, forming, mentoring, training, developing and coaching engineering team on meeting/activities related to design, testing, development and improvement in products, processes, projects, systems and services exceeding performance expectation.
- Provide Engineering leadership for projects. Lead and coordinate activities of engineers and technicians in support of process and equipment development, process trouble shooting, and custom equipment, tooling & fixture procurement
- Proactive in communicating, understanding and detecting the needs of manufacturing and service departments to prioritize them to satisfy them efficiently and effectively, keeping a constant follow-up of compliance and confirming that the results meet or exceed expectations.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, outside customers, and functional peer groups at various management levels. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific project/schedules.
- Ensure processes are repeatable, systemized and documented (ECN)
- Perform DOE during process development and root cause analysis.
- Develop, evaluate, implement and maintain manufacturing process to ensure technical quality assurance and control systems or reliability systems and standards pertaining to materials, techniques, or company products requirements are met.
- Prepare, review, and approve manufacturing instruction, protocols, reports, and other controlled documentation.
- Work with multi-disciplinary engineering teams to develop functional requirements and specifications, work-break-down structures, schedules, and engineering work packages to be executed by either internal or external resources
- Recommends machinery and automation to ensure the predictability of production parts and elimination of waste.
- Lead Improvement and Cost Reduction initiatives identifying and solving problems by utilizing of Lean & Six Sigma tools (DMAIC).
- Participate in and coordinate the establishment of design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, testing, and integration.
- May participate in the development of new business opportunities and expansion of existing business opportunities.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Analyze and design lean manufacturing cells using effective systems and simulation tools to optimize, use of space, equipment, material and personnel.
- MRB, Line Down support when needed
- New product development- Engineering Log
- Increase product reliability, manufacturing through-put, yields.
- BS or higher in Ceramics, Materials Science or Chemistry or physics, MS preferred.
- Extensive experience with ceramics for electronic applications, including tape casting, mixing, solvent and water base, slip formulations and thick film printing – a plus.
- 10+ yrs. of experience in a manufacturing environment related with the best practices for engineering field - thick film process experience a plus.
- Leadership/supervisory role, being able to influence and inspire a cross-functional team.
- Strong organizational skills and a systematic approach to process engineering/project management.
- Experience in and ability to perform DOE during process development and root cause analysis.
- Extensive experience with SPC for process improvement.
- Knowledgeable and experienced working with electrode pastes and ink rheology.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to evaluate existing processes and recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel and material.
- English 90%