Director of Supply Chain
Managing this search exclusively and retained by a global and world class manufacturing leader is looking for a Supply Chain Director for its growing manufacturing site in Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico.
The Supply Chain Director will strategically lead the most complex activities related to the timely, cost-effective procurement, inventory control, planning and quality control of production materials.
Job Functions and Essential Responsibilities
- Establishes operational objectives, the functional plan, and team goals. Determines how to best utilize resources to complete project objectives and then delegates work assignments. Provides expert leadership, work direction and guidance to the group and interacts frequently with clients and managers at all levels.
- The Supply Chain Director will be responsible for leading and managing the entire supply chain for the Tijuana operation, this includes: Materials and Production Planning (MPS), Purchasing of Raw Materials, Sourcing, Supplier Development and MRO, Warehouse, Shipping & Receiving, Inventory Control and Accuracy, Import/Export and Logistics.
- Establishes procedures, policies, and control systems that reduce costs, streamline procedures. Implements best practices across the organization.
- Responsible for purchasing operations, this includes purchasing of raw materials, sourcing, supplier development, scorecards, contingency plans and other purchasing activities. Provides leadership to assure consistent, economical, and timely flow of both purchased and raw materials to support the manufacturing efforts of the facility to meet the customer’s needs and expectations.
- Makes present and future decisions based on historic and current conditions. Decisions at this level have direct impact to the company and reputation. Establishes vendor relationship and has strong negotiation and influential skills.
- Leads the planning, development, execution, and monitoring of procurement and/or commodity strategies and tactics (local, regional, global) as assigned to large and complex functional business area.
- Develops commodity strategies for dedicated categories of complex nature and manages their implementation. Reviews proposals; negotiates price, lead time, and service levels; selects or recommends suppliers; analyzes trends, and monitors usage of contracts as well as renegotiates amendments if needed on a regular basis for maximum results.
Challenges of the Position:
- Improve production planning and eliminate downtime (planning not aligned with materials/inventory replenishment).
- Improve inventory accuracy and lower inventory levels.
- Reduce transactional issues (lack of accuracy and mistakes in data entry).
- Develop a high-performing work-group. Strengthen bench in materials and supply chain.
Candidate Qualifications and Requirements:
Search Project Leader: Jorge Roldan, CPC
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Supply Chain Director in a large manufacturing site.
- Strong purchasing and negotiations, contingency plans, production and materials planning, as well as inventory control.
- Bachelor degree (Business, Finance, International Trade, Commerce).
- Experience with high SKU's and high-volume a plus.
- Prior experience in Electronics, Aerospace or Automotive manufacturing preferred.
- Strong leader with excellent decision-making and execution. Team player. Takes over and improves.
- Able to roll up their sleeves yet be strategic. Good influencing skills.
- Advanced use of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Etc.
- Technical knowledge of ERP Systems.
- Fluent in English (90% plus) and Spanish.