Position has been successfully filled and is no longer available.
Regional Warehouse Manager
Job duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the complete administration of a state of the art facility. Directly in charge and fully responsible for warehousing, cross dock, inbound/outbound, international distribution & logistics (air, land and sea) and direct customer service.
- In charge of the operation P&L and budget.
- Responsible for running a smooth operation with solid KPI's and also involved in continuous improvement projects, will also provide support to the company's rapid expansion and growth, as well as employee training and development.
- Maintain adequate flow of goods and RM thru all the season.
- Pre-receipt all RM. Inspection, tally, data capture, documentation and dispatch.
- Managing Cargo Abnormality Report / Return to Vendor / NCMR [non conforming materials].
- Trailer inspection and reconditioning of cargo.
- Support Pack-Out LTL operation.
- Support Customer’s Collect Pick up and Order Appointment.
- Coordinate timely pick up of Collect Customer accounts.
- BL exchange and proper Load ID management.
- Assure damage free cargo.
- Proactive Follow up to Carrier’s Pick up times and schedule coordination.
Facility and People Management
- Overlook scheduled maintenance facility progress.
- Repairs and facility improvement assessment.
- Equipment control record.
- Temp personnel management [time cards, breaks, vacation, training, capacity analysis and follow up to HR affairs].
- Project Management / Continuous Improvement.
- Ability to manage project’s timing and associated resources till completion.
- Report project status, road blocks, key points and scheduled group discussions.
- Identify Opportunities.
- Document and share best practices.
- Deal directly with customers and satisfy all their needs.
Candidate Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Proven experience managing a large and very dynamic Warehouse and Distribution Center with a minimum of 10 years of experience in a similar position.
- Highly effective supervision skills and techniques.
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate warehouse, distribution and cross dock operations.
- Proven experience with costing, price points and markups of the service.
- Knowledge of warehouse software [WMS, TMS, ERP] and MS Office. Able to document, deploy, suggest and implement changes to current applications.
- Experience managing a Warehouse/Distribution Center in the US with solid KPI's, 5s and VMI's.
- Ability to input, retrieve and analyze data to make the best decisions.
- Fully committed to getting the job done and satisfying customers to the fullest extent.
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- High sense of order and time.
- Ability to connect and collaborate with people at all levels.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Bachelor degree in a related field. Master is a plus.
Project Search Leader: Jorge Roldan, CPC