We have been retained by a major global aerospace manufacturer and supplier with a global footprint who is experiencing high growth and as a result seeks a VP & General Manager to lead a large manufacturing facility through this growth stage and convert site to a world class operation. The General Manager is responsible for optimizing and managing the financial performance of site operations, as well as ensuring production and on time delivery goals are met. The General Manager will develop the Facility’s long and short term goals and align them with the Company’s goals and direct and coordinate the Facility management team in achieving those goals. The General Manager shall embody the Company’s core values and promote these values throughout their Facility with multiple buildings.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and manages the Facility’s annual budget.
- Understand the financial performance of each Program at the Facility and ensure that programs are being managed to promote optimal profitability margins.
- Ensure that the Facility’s goals are aligned with the Company’s goals and expectations.
- Work with management staff to develop annual plans and set long range program goals in accordance with the Company’s overall needs.
- Ensure program milestones are being met and Customer concerns are addressed.
- Manage the Facility’s headcount and identify personnel needs.
- Ensure that the Company’s performance review standards are being met.
- Responsible for directing the management of the physical structure of the Facility.
- Identify equipment and tooling needs and request appropriate funding for these capital expenditures.
- Coach management team by building their soft skills as well as their technical knowledge and identify the capacity of current personnel.
- Build the Company’s image and promote a positive relationship with Customers, Vendors, and Suppliers both internally and externally.
- Understand manufacturing processes and materials.
- Direct the layout of the manufacturing lines to ensure efficiency.
- Promote LEAN training and concepts.
- Ensure Facility compliance with certification (AS9100) and Customer standards.
- Establish and implement Facility procedures and policies which adhere to the Company policies.
- Oversee the transportation and cost of goods entering and leaving the Facility.
- All employees have an affirmative duty to protect and maintain the confidentiality of company products
- As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future
- Tasks may vary slightly based on products produced at division.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Focus in Business Administration or Engineering preferred.
- Experience: 10 years of management experience. At least 5 years in a General Manager, Director of Operations or Sr. Plant Manager position or similar in a large plant or multi-site.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment required with solid background in operations. Maquiladora experience in Mexico preferred. Experience in Aerospace is a plus or a highly regulated industry. Low volume and high mix experience highly preferred.
- Experience with leading plant turnarounds and/or cultural transformations.
- In depth Production/Plant Transfer experience required
- Sound knowledge of materials and planning as well as experience with robust quality systems.
- Solid understanding of Lean manufacturing principles
- Solid background with Process Improvement
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs, ERP.
- Familiarity with P&L, financial planning and general business accounting principles.
- Excellent leadership skills. Demanding yet empathetic.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to problem solve and make things happen.
- Ability to mediate and cope with conflict and crisis.
- Experience with performance management.
- Strategic planning knowledge and experience
- Fluent in English and Spanish