Our client, a worldwide leader on acoustic solutions, is seeking for a professional Advanced Test Engineer to join its growing Design Center in Tijuana - Mexico.
As a team member working very closely with US and Mexico based test engineering and product design teams, the position will be engaged early with design and new product development to ensure deployment of high quality test solutions used in the manufacturing of products.
- As a team member with product design and manufacturing operations teams help influence test solutions used in the manufacturing of our products.
- Collaborate very closely with engineers and technicians on the test and product development teams.
- Perform early exploration and advanced development of test methods.
- Perform in depth design for testability analysis on the latest automotive audio products in development and report results in appropriate test coverage reports.
- Develop test strategies, plans, requirements, and specifications for prototypes and final production.
- Design complex and flexible test systems and test fixtures for prototype and engineering validation. Develop and maintain design for test guidelines.
- Ability to travel internationally for new product launch, design reviews and validation of test processes and systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read schematics and analyze circuit designs.
- Well versed in reviewing designs for test coverage, test accessibility and the use of Design for Test (DFT) and test coverage analysis tools.
- Computer skills including knowledge of PC software and hardware.
- Superior knowledge of electronic test equipment: Multi-meter, oscilloscope, power supply, waveform generator, spectrum analyzer, frequency counter, audio analyzers.
- Experience with National Instruments measurement hardware (PXI platform).
- National Instruments Test Stand and LabVIEW experience and the ability to create test sequences.
- Experience with XJTAG, using XJTAG for device programming, BIST, and application of IEEE1194.1 boundary scan techniques
- Experience with test methods for wireless technologies (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC).
- Experience with audio systems, audio test equipment, or measurements is a plus.
- Familiarity with software source control tools.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of analog and digital circuit analysis and design.
- Analog and digital measurement/data acquisition fundamentals.
- Knowledge of various computer interfaces and buss formats including PCI, PXI, GPIB, USB, Ethernet, RS232 for data acquisition and instrument control.
- Knowledge and understanding of the application of communication protocols such as SPI, I2C, USB, UART, RS- 232, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of the application of digital audio protocols such as I2S, TDM, PCM, PDM, etc.
- Programming capability and experience with one high level language Java, C/C++, VB.NET, or similar high level language
- Scripting experience: Python, Perl, TCL, DOS Batching, etc.
- Ability to analyze parametric data with a good understanding of statistics tools and charts.
- Knowledge and proven experience in ICT Test development.
- Knowledge in functional test fixture and test system design and deployment in manufacturing.
- Understanding of MSA and how to apply it to test systems.
- Ability to use structured problem solving tools.
- Basic project management skills, scheduling, budgeting.
- MSEE, BSEE or CSE or comparable 7+ years of test engineering experience.
Professional Work Experience Requirements
- Greater than 6 years working in electronics test environment.
- Experience must include new product introduction & new process development activities.