If you are looking for career growth in Sales and have a proven record of successful sales experience in the sporting good footwear industry as well as a broad knowledge of the footwear distribution channel, networking, then this might be the right opportunity for you!
Our client is a well-established leader of footwear in the Americas. They are a Mexico-based company with over 70 years’ experience in footwear manufacturing, sponsoring Mexican soccer teams and selling over 10 million units every year. Our client's next big step is conquering the American market, and as a result is looking for a Territorry Sales Manager to lead their sales growth in the US. This position will report to the Commercial Director in the U.S. with position based anywhere in California.
You will be responsible for managing key accounts, maintaining a long-term relationship with accounts and maximising sales opportunities within them.
Maintain and build relationships within the following channels of distribution: Soccer Specialty, Independents and key accounts, providing a customer pool that aligns with our product and brand strategies.
- Develop and execute a sales and marketing plan for retailers that that meets or exceeds sales and margin targets
- Establish and grow existing product offerings with current account base accounts while introducing new product opportunities
- Provide regular interface with customers to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Provide feedback to the marketing department on key marketing opportunities within the marketplace that can enhance the sales effort
- Provide regular sales reports to the Director of Sales using the data previously input into Salesforce platform
- Represent the organization at commercial events, promotion fairs and other networking events
- Seek out new business opportunities, growing existing relations and discovering new business options HR Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, commerce, international trade.
- Existing Customer relationships within the defined channels of distribution
- Broad knowledge of the sportswear market and competitive landscape.
- 5 years’ sales experience as a Territory Manager within the sports fashion market (performance footwear, accessories, Apparel)
- Bilingual English- Spanish (intermediate Spanish) is a plus
- Outgoing, able to communicate efficiently with various types of clients creating meaningful sales relations
- Proven sales record, operating under the highest quality and customer satisfaction standards
- Solid understanding of core marketing principles
- Experience with Salesforce platform, input and output of information and reports is a plus
- Willing and able to travel within the assigned territory constantly and frequently Expectations and cultural fit
- Main responsibility is to establish commercial relationships, as well as find prospects and potential clients. Have a focused approach to product, people and clients.
- Experienced and passionate about footwear and sports fashion.
- Must be able to communicate in a direct, open and transparent manner. Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must reflect the company's key behaviour: brand pride, result orientation, teamwork, accountability, negotiator, innovative, client, product and people oriented focused. Promote an excellent brand and marketing image, think strategically, have a business vision, accountability, planer, communicator, leadership, ethical and promote the Company Culture. The organization HR Working conditions
- Willing and able to travel up to 70 % of the time, within the assigned territory constantly and frequently
- You may be able to have communication with Clients and Suppliers during the weekend.
- Ability to travel to Mexico for footwear events, pre sales or other events and occassionally travel on Saturday and Sunday.