Our client is a major leader in the flooring industry who seeks a Vice President of Sales who will be responsible for leading and directing the building material efforts and develop/execute a commercial strategy to meet profitability, volume, and sales targets for the U.S. market. The Vice President of Sales will be responsible for the entire US territory and lead and manage sales, business development and marketing operations, including market competitiveness, pricing, distribution, and planning strategy. The VP of Sales will be responsible for doubling sales in the next three years, developing the overall vision and strategy for selling its portfolio of products and channels, and driving business results.
Reporting to the Global CEO, the VP of Sales will lead and build a winning team in the US. The current team includes 9 key players in the US market with a market presence spanning 19 years. It’s growth target and plan execution will require growing the residential market aggressively through retailers and expanding market share in commercial markets.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identifying needs and trends of the market and developing strategies to ensure the right brand, product, and services are in place for successful growth.
- Developing and executing adequate strategic planning to meet annual and monthly profit goals.
- Spending time with customers and the sales team in the field to ensure proper team execution and development.
- Leading and managing the P&L, budget, and resources for business development in the U.S.
- Working with corporate marketing to ensure customer and market feedback is incorporated into product development, merchandising marketing, and value-added solution development
- Personally working to develop key customer relationships with wholesale distribution and retail partners.
- Recruiting, leading, and developing a strong high-performing sales organization of scale necessary to meet growth objectives.
- Ensuring that all new additions to the sales team are brought up to speed and are productive in the shortest timeframe possible.
- Ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of the sales forecast.
- Developing and implementing both short-term (1 year) and long-term (3 year) growth plans within each primary channel, to deliver the total company value proposition and drive top-line and bottom-line results.
- Ensure superior customer purchase experiences and solutions that enhance the company position in the marketplace.
Candidate Qualifications & Requirements:
- College degree is required; MBA is preferred.
- Experience in the flooring industry or related field with complex market channels is a must to be considered.
- Minimum of 15 years direct sales and sales management experience required. At least 4 years in a senior management capacity. Experience managing Regional Sales Managers and manufacturer’s reps.
- Successful track record of success in both the residential (most important) and commercial sectors working with both distribution and retail partners is a must to be considered.
- Solid experience leading sales organizations at small to mid-market companies with a track record of driving profitable growth.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate team to reach assigned sales and performance goals.
- Proven success in cultivating and growing key client relationships across both large and small organizations.
- Ability to hire, train, cultivates and retains a team of top sales professionals.
- Must have excellent leadership skills coupled with great communication and presentation skills.
- Will have both personal technical selling experience and will preferably have led both sales and marketing organizations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with equal comfort in interacting with customers and leading a senior executive team with diverse skills and experiences.
- Must have the ability to travel extensively, as business needs dictate.
- The ideal candidate will be strategic, results-oriented, analytical, highly adaptable, patient, hands-on, possessing high integrity and emotional intelligence, and a team player.