Barbachano International is seeking a Quality Manager for our client, an advanced materials manufacturing leader, in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. The ideal candidate will monitor the quality system for compliance and non-compliance with the written process, and report to the plant manager and other managers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Represent the company in any quality function.
- Hire, train, promote, replace and revise all the companions of teams involved in the functions of quality assurance and quality Control.
- Evaluate new equipment test and measurement.
- Prepare the budget of quality for approval.
- Coordinate the quality cost programs.
- Prepare reports for the management of the plant for quality, cost of quality, customer satisfaction, including complaints and refunds.
- Coordinate and participates in surveys, audits of suppliers and.
- Serve as the primary contact customer on quality-related matters including travelling customer’s plants.
- Number assigned to complaints from the client and coordinates activities.
- Assign, track, pay, inventories and reports the client returns including working with sales to ensure authorization to charge the customer attributable to the same returns.
- Prepare, review, and coordinate warranty claims, including the preparation of reports and responses, assigns credit, negative and follow-up to previous reports including contact with distributors for your solution.
- Develop, implement, and document quality measures.
- Start statistical studies and interfaces with various departments and clients to ensure compliance with quality initiatives.
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of quality inspectors.
- Supports layout of fixtures, moulds, and tools, making sure that the cost is minimum and the quality the maximum.
- Participating in or leading teams of audit for the evaluation of the system and the identification of the needs of corrective actions
- Travel to customers’ plants to solve quality problems.
Candidate Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must have worked at least 5 years in the area of quality in the automotive industry.
- Must have participated as an auditor of quality of ISO for at least a year.
- Must have participated in Lean culture development.
- Strong knowledge of SPC and APQP.
- Must have a high sense of urgency, be a self-starter with high energy, and results oriented.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Must have excellent planning skills