Our client, a global leader in mechanical pipe joining systems for industrial, oil & gas, mining, fire protection, residential, and commercial use, is seeking a Quality Manager for their operations in Chihuahua, Mexico.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all Manufacturing Quality Assurance functions and personnel in the Chihuahua Manufacturing Plant.
- Full responsibility to establish and maintain all facets of the activity’s Quality Management System in accordance with ISO 9001-2015 standards.
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Chihuahua Plant Manager. Identify opportunities for automating in-process inspections, Capable of solving quality problems.
- Assist in the qualification and auditing of suppliers as per the facility’s Supplier Qualification process. Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with suppliers to improve their product quality.
- Responsible for improving and identifying/ resolving via the QWG (Quality Work Group) process and/ or Leading MAT’s (Management Action Teams).
- Manufacturing process analysis and improvement.
- Problems solving 8d, 5 steps, Work methods design and New products start up.
- Become the skill coach/matter expert for the following lean skill sets: Awareness (including Lego simulation); Baseline (including process/value stream mapping); Standard Work Flow (SWF); Set Up Reduction (SUR); Total Productive Maintenance (TPM); Mistake Proofing/Problem Solving (including Quality Control Process Charting - QCPC); Method Sheets; and Kanban/Pull.
- Coordinator of Lean Manufacturing, FEM (Factory Excellence Manufacturing) and Kanban activities.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Engineering degree required.
- Lean Manufacturing Expert.
- 5+ year’s experience in Quality, Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Strong leadership and resource management skills are a must.
- Hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to use DOE, FMEA, and SPC effectively to solve problems.
- Ability to train others effectively.
- Solid quality and process control background with ability to design and implement solutions to problems
- Extremely sensitive to aesthetic defects.
- Fully Bilingual English / Spanish.
- Familiarity with statistical techniques/SPC/Graphing.
- Proficient in problem solving.
- Good communication skills.
- Results oriented.
- “Agent of change” and problem solver.
- Able to implement quality systems from zero.