Global Automotive and industrial parts manufacturer seeks a Controller to provide hands-on leadership to a group of 4 including overseeing Accounting (US & Mexico accounting), financial planning (budgets, forecasting, and analysis), cost accounting, payroll, internal controls, and legal compliance. Will also provide support to import/export and purchasing. Will be challenged with strengthening the standard cost systems, internal controls, and making the Tijuana manufacturing site more competitive for additional business. Reports to GM and dotted line to Corp Finance Director.
Duties and responsibilities
- Leading a small team of staff with responsibility for the production of management and financial accounting information for communication at all levels within the company
- Generate monthly and quarterly management accounts
- Analyse variances and communicate clearly the key issues, making appropriate recommendations and advising of the impact on the business
- Preparation of cash flow statements, income and expenditure accounts and tax returns for the Mexican legal entity
- Improving the systems surrounding all aspects of the business’s budgets, forecasts and business planning
- Establish a regime of working capital control within the business
- Establish and maintain the business standard costing system
- Implement and maintain effective internal and financial control systems
- Serve as a key player within the senior management team in providing the financial analysis to drive the business forward
- Drive improvements related to cost reduction and margin improvement
- At least 3 years of previous experience as Controller. Must have a strong cost accounting background.
- US GAAP & Mexico GAAP accounting experience.
- Mexican Fiscal Tax experience.
- Cost accounting, budgeting, forecasting, inventory control, and internal controls experience.
- Familiar with import/export issues.
- Good communication skills. Self-confident, assertive, highly driven.
- Excel advanced user.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and consolidation packages, such as Hyperion or Outlooksoft
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or similar.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.