Our client is a publicly traded global leader in the remanufacturing and supply of best-in-class automotive components. Due to aggressive global expansion, our client seeks a Sr. Financial Analyst to be based in their headquarters in Torrance, CA. The Senior Finance Analyst will work closely with the Corporate Finance department and provide support to deliver the fiscal budget, strategic plans and forecast, create and maintain financial models, and reporting as required. The ideal candidate will lead special project financial analysis and project initiatives directly related to their current growth, multi-site expansion in Mexico and key equipment purchases.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in budgeting process and financial planning including fiscal plans and subsequent variance analysis.
- Work closely with members of Finance department to monitor financial performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of material variance relative to fiscal budget and prior year results.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of financial models to identify trends and drivers; summarize conclusions and implications of analysis.
- Drive project research, data mining and model validation efforts to support company’s strategic initiatives.
- Assist in preparing monthly reporting package for external distribution.
- Assist in the development and preparation of clear and concise presentation materials for Senior Management.
- Identify and enhance process improvement practices and create supporting documentation materials.
- Collaborate with other departments to implement operation initiatives.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field required.
- 3+ years of experience in corporate FP&A and/or strategic planning with solid knowledge of financial modeling and forecasting skills.
- Project financial analysis preferred (ie. ROI,CAPEX IRR, cost versus benefit analysis).
- General knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) preferred.
- Advance knowledge of Excel, Access, financial reporting systems required.
- Strong research, data mining and analysis skills.
- Project management background; trained in process improvement techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with Senior management and department managers.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with attention to detail.
- Ability to generate creative ideas to improve performance and lower expenses
- Occasional travel.