Our client, a worldwide manufacturer of consumer products, is seeking a Senior Strategic Purchasing Manager for their Guanajuato, Mexico site..
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the development and management of certain global/regional commodity strategies designed to leverage collective purchasing power.
- Maximize synergistic opportunities to optimize supplier performance, reduced total supply costs while meeting our technology expectations throughout the supply chain.
- Ensure commodity plan deliverables meet designed strategies.
- Negotiate key supplier contracts.
- Provide global leadership in the communication, implementation, coordination, and enforcement of commodity strategies.
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Motivating Others
- Process Management
- Sizing up people (Indv)
Qualifications & Requirements
- 10 plus years of experience as a Sr. Purchasing Manager within a dynamic and complex manufacturing site.
- Ability to supervise a group of mid or senior level purchasing professionals and/or entry level manager.
- Strong functional and technical skills.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
- Proficient in English.
- University Diploma in related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Ability to provide functional leadership.
- C.P.M. Certified Purchasing Manager is a preferred certification.