Our client, a world-leading manufacturer of technologies and systems providing solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets, is seeking a Divisional Supply Chain Manager in San Diego, CA who will develop and manage the direction and daily activities of the division’s materials and services with the focus on people, organization, process and information technology. This includes the S&OP Process to support the manufacturing / processing cycle, and ensuring timely logistical processing of product. Position will directly report to the general manager with additional accountability to the group supply chain manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for embracing and driving lean enterprise systems throughout the division supply chain.
- Manage the complete material control process including procurement, production/inventory control, and transportation logistics.
- Interact with all levels of division management including Operations, Sales, Engineering, Quality Control, Marketing and Finance.
- Coordinate best practices with other division supply chain managers and the group supply chain manager. Key supplier and key customer contact essential. Direct reports will include division procurement manager, division PC&L manager, compliance manager, and logistics manager and supplier development engineer where applicable.
- Manage the materials function within the division considering manufacturing capacity, schedules workloads, recommends in house manufacturing vs. outsourcing, quality control and workforce balance.
- Establish and maintain premier customer service.
- Lead all Supply Chain Management activities within the division. This will include establishing preferred supplier selection criteria based on supplier evaluations of price, quality, delivery, certifications, compliance with governmental procurement regulations and group programs.
- Establish and implement standard/automated re-order procedures.
- Develop crisis management and supplier backup contingency programs.
- Negotiate long term contracts in coordination with group staff and policies.
- Responsible for managing the division operational inventory to ensure adequate stocking levels for immediate production items and forecasting for future requirements.
- Establish and implement standard/automated delivery procedures for just in time supplier stocking items. Accountable for managing the division's overall strategic production planning practices taking into consideration short term/long term production requirements and integrating materials availability.
- Establish and implement procedures for special order request, engineering changes and part substitutions, and sales market demand for products.
- Manage the division’s transportation logistics to ensure distribution of products direct to customers, or through distribution centers / warehouses are completed with optimum service at the most efficient cost.
- Provide leadership by promoting team concepts, coaching, counseling, retaining, mentoring, training, talent management, and individual development.
- Drive a culture of accountability and results through strategy deployment and effective performance management.
- Represent the supply chain at the division level.
- Responsible for integrating the division with electronic interfaces throughout the supply chain, continuous improvements programs with suppliers, and for facilitation of the S&OP Process.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 5-7 year’s managing experience in supply chain management.
- 4 year college degree in business, engineering, or materials management required with certification in supply chain management preferred.
- Possesses analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation opportunities.
- Must have advanced computer skills and be able to understand electronic data processing. Systems (IT) experience beneficial.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal, communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- Must be an innovator and embrace lean enterprise principles and practices.
- Practical experience in implementing lean technologies and practices.
- Excellent problem solving skills.