Our client, one of the largest manufacturers of automotive technology worldwide, is seeking a Product Compliance Specialist who will use strong leadership and technical competency to serve as their subject matter expert. The ideal client will be responsible for establishing and executing policies and procedures, conduct regular audits, technical consultation and training programs related to the business units’ product compliance program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to the organization regarding the identification, classification, packing, marking labeling and preparation of shipping papers and placarding of items subject to compliance measures. Interface with customers, freight forwarders, common carriers and government agencies.
- Identify program gaps/areas for improvement and create corrective action plans.
- Stays abreast of applicable product compliance regulations and changes to legislation.
- Maintains master data in SAP dangerous goods and customs rules table.
- Collaborates with cross functional departments to communicate DG classifications.
- Conducts general awareness trainings and function specific trainings.
- Orders and maintains inventory of all dangerous goods supplies.
- Coordinates with domestic and global production facilities to align MDS sheets.
- Participate in safety committee
- Ensure organization compliance with FTC labeling, export control and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Maintain a thorough understanding of conflict minerals.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Must exhibit a dedication for independent problem solving.
- Ability to review regulatory codes and translate to organizational processes required.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio required.
- Strong analytical and cross functional project management skills required.
- In depth knowledge of 49 CFR, IATA, IMDG, FMCSA and PHMSA, California Proposition 65 and other laws and regulations preferred.
- Understanding of classification requirements for packing, marking, labeling, and shipping preferred.
- Current certification in Dangerous Goods transport regulations preferred.
- Prior supply chain experience in a CFR part 170-175 with related industry experience preferred