Our client is designer & manufacturer of architectural lighting fixtures for commercial and retail markets.
As part of the company's expansion, there is an immediate need for an experienced General Controlling Accountant to join their fast growing and profitable company. This position will be based in Ensenada, Mexico, and will be reporting to the Plant General Manager and administratively to the CFO.
The General Controlling Accountant will undertake all aspects of financial management, including general accounting, Mexican regulatory (local and Federal taxes) and financial reporting, budget, forecast, accounts payable, payroll, month/year end closing, costs as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Strong hands on system skills and experienced in a manufacturing environment.
- Manage all accounting operations including month end close, reporting, local tax compliance, forecast, cost Accounting, VAT and fixed assets
- Lead and work with GM to prepare the budget and financial forecasts and identify opportunities for cost reduction and productivity improvements
- Prepare and publish timely monthly/quarterly actual & forecast operations spending analysis & key metrics
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting and work with external auditors.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- File and manage monthly VAT returns
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Supervise accounting clerk
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
- MBA Degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA preferable
- Self-starter, desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment with rapid growth
- Proven working experience (5-8 years) as a General Accountant in a manufacturing environment
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Strong communication, systems and analytical skills
- Experience with general ledger, AR & A/P functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Must be a team player, value added business partner and possess personal & business integrity with energetic style demonstrated by a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Hands on and proactive approach to problem solving.