The Barbachano International group is seeking a Liquid Injection Molding Engineer for our renowned client, a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest companies in the world in technologies and systems. The ideal candidate will coordinate the implementation of new liquid injection molding process, develop injection molding technology and improvement projects for the purpose of quality products, cost reduction, elimination of waste, involvement in processes, troubleshooting, project management, cost analysis, design validation, design recommendations, solving issues of products, in compliance with customer requirements and specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates Scope/Supervision and Interaction
- Supports the design, development and production launch of new business opportunities, to include provide input to quotes, proto & production tool design inputs, leading the development /evaluation of total manufacturing processes, interactive testing, process validations, part design recommendations, etc.
- Works closely with various engineering & production teams to ensure proper transition of new process into production. Manages & updates various databases to ensure proper documentation, tracking of project status & requirements.
- Implements with technical services to systematically identify root cause of molding and secondary operation issues and implement corrective action, process control plan, FMEA, improve problem tools, and resolving processing issues, including pursuing scrap reduction and cost reduction activities. Ensure quality of the product, including full authority to stop production if the product quality is determined to be unacceptable.
- Engineers equipment, facilities and process including daily activities as well as major projects, provides technical support, develops and coordinates continuous improvement projects and supports TS16949/ISO 13485/ISO 14001 initiatives.
- Provides direction to various Technicians to meet internal & external requirements. Provide specific process training to the new and current employees, give support to them in all issues and solving production and tools problems.
- Supports operations & other departments through participation in continuous improvement activities, Kaizen events, trouble-shooting efforts and development of value-added activities.
- Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 7-12 years of experience.
- BS degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- Green Belt desirable, Leadership skills, Self-motivated, Auto-directed, Automation's, tooling and secondary equipment knowledge.
- Experience as a LIM Process Engineer required. Additional Rubber or Plastic experience desirable. Knowledge of advanced quality planning techniques, computer software helpful.