The Barbachano International group is currently seeking a Program Manager for our client, an advanced materials manufacturing leader, in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, evaluate, and assess customer drawings, specifications, CAD data and/or prototype parts as part of quote preparation process to determine product feasibility, molding capability, process limitations, mold requirements, secondary fixture needs, finishing operation requirements, internal handling issues and shipping requirements. This process is utilized on all phases of customer tooling programs from potential new jobs into awarded jobs and through existing jobs.
- Participate in cross functional team review of proposed jobs prior to quote release. This will be on an "as assigned by supervisor" status.
- Participate with company sales and customer engineering/purchasing on quote revisions and proposed engineering changes for assigned projects.
- Establish and lead cross functional team for each assigned project.
- Each team will be responsible for compliance with Quality System requirements; tooling & fixturing vendor selection/acquisition; manufacturing implementation; customer approvals; production issues follow up at vendor’s location; and production issues follow up with customer during launch phases and during engineering changes.
- Maintain open issues lists and coordinate completion of assigned projects from open issues lists developed with cross functional team.
- Maintain records necessary to insure proper accounting of expenditures for each project.
- Maintain records necessary to comply with ISO/TS 16949 per company procedures.
- Troubleshoot fixture, mold, assembly and molding issues for each assigned project. This could include hands on work to fixtures using hand tools or directing hourly skilled trades personnel in correcting fixture, mold, and assembly equipment.
- Ensure all teammates under their supervision adhere to all applicable environmental & safety plans, policies, and procedures
- Awareness and understanding of their roles and responsibilities within all applicable environmental & safety plans, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Plastics or 5-10 years of experience leading projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have experience with product development, NPI and related tooling, fixtures, and gages.
- Solid Project Management and Program Management experience.
- Must demonstrate capability to work in a cross functional team organization, develop and maintain positive customer relationships and drive vendor selection.
- Must be familiar with CAD, usage of hand held measurement tools, and bill of material generation.
- Experience with oral presentations,
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, Project management and quality planning software on a desktop computer.
- Familiar with APQP, FMEA, Quality Plan development, PPAP and Process Flow Charting.
- Must have excellent communication and people skills coupled with good customer service attitude.
- Must be a self-starter able to anticipate and influence others.
- Fluent in English (90%+) and Spanish.