We have been retained by a global leader in electronic products manufacturing to find their next Mexico Senior Director of Operations to oversee their state-of-the-art large operations in Mexico and steer the company in their next growth phase, reduce costs and drive cultural change to hit performance targets. Our client is an award winning company experiencing aggressive growth. the position is based in Tijuana and reports to a Sr Global Director of Operations. This position is open to U.S. or Mexico payroll and the Sr. Director of Operations hired will be relocated to either San Diego, CA or Tijuana, Mexico Due to the confidential nature of the position, additional information cannot be provided.
Basic Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Engineering, or Manufacturing
- MBA or Masters in manufacturing / business / engineering preferred.
- At least 10 years’ experience in senior manufacturing leadership (like director of manufacturing, director of operations or Sr. Plant Manager) in a maquiladora or manufacturing operation in Mexico.
- 5 years of experience leading a large manufacturing production facility with P&L and understanding of financial statements.
- Highly prefer previous experience in an automotive, consumer electronics or electronic component manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated success in driving cultural change, developing and executing manufacturing strategies and optimizing operations to achieve cost reductions and productivity gains while operating in a demanding customer environment.
- Functional expert with experience in supply chain, Lean Manufacturing, to drive aggressive financial results and continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management such as production and inventory control, variable cost productivity, and fulfillment metrics, quality systems, cost systems, and fulfillment metrics, and procedures
- Proven mentoring and coaching abilities, demonstrated ability to motivate & inspire others
- Demonstrated leadership, energizing teams and project management
- Ability to successfully motivate and maintain high morale, employee involvement, safety and teamwork in a non-union environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a complex, global, unique and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Proven ability to prioritize, plan and execute important business and supply chain initiatives.
- Proven leadership skills (experience successfully managing people / projects / issues)
- Demonstrated ability able to influence and communicate well with all levels of the organization, including senior leadership
- Change agent with energy, passion & enthusiasm to drive change
- Clear, strategic, and critical thinker; proven experience in translating strategies into actionable plans
- Proven Lean manufacturing skills.
- A working knowledge of formalized manufacturing systems (MRP).
- Ability to develop good working relationships between department heads.
- Must be bilingual – fluent in English (at least 95 %+) and Spanish.