A leading provider of consumer products is looking for a Supply Chain Director for its large state-of-the-art manufacturing operation and distribution center in Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico. The Supply Chain Director will strategically lead the most complex activities related to the timely, cost-effective procurement, inventory control, planning and quality control of production materials. Reports to VP Operations Mexico.
Job Functions and Essential Responsibilities:
- Establishes operational objectives, the functional plan, and team goals. Determines how to best utilize resources to complete project objectives and then delegates work assignments. Provides expert leadership, work direction and guidance to the group and interacts frequently with clients and managers at all levels.
- Establishes procedures, policies, and control systems that reduce costs, streamline procedures. Implements best practices across the organization.
- Responsible for purchasing operations of a large size staff that is engaged in the purchasing of raw materials, equipment, supplies, and other purchasing activities. Provides leadership to assure consistent, economical, and timely flow of both purchased and raw materials to support the manufacturing efforts of the facility to meet the customer’s needs and expectations.
- Establishes materials strategy, long range objectives, and leads a complex workload. Makes present and future decisions based on historic and current conditions. Decisions at this level have direct impact to the company and reputation. Establishes vendor relationship and has strong negotiation and influential skills. Has the authority of a manager including selection, termination, and development of staff.
- Leads the planning, development, execution, and monitoring of procurement and/or commodity strategies and tactics (local, regional, global) as assigned to large and complex functional and/or global business area.
- Develops commodity strategies for dedicated categories of complex nature and manages their implementation. Reviews proposals; negotiates price, lead time, and service levels; selects or recommends suppliers; analyzes trends, and monitors usage of contracts as well as renegotiates amendments if needed on regular basis for maximum results.
- Manages supply chain, procurement, planning staff for a significant, high-profile function.
- Stabilize department particularly systems (Kinexis ERP) not well defined. Needs to fully implement capacity planning module.
- Improve planning and eliminate downtime (i.e. planning not aligned with materials/inventory replenishment).
- Improve inventory accuracy.
- Reduce transactional issues (lack of accuracy and mistakes in data entry).
- Adapt to a matrix organization (frequent interaction with Sr. VP of Supply Chain).
- Develop a high-performing workgroup. Strengthen bench in materials and supply chain.
Candidate Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years experience as Supply Chain Director, Senior manager, or similar in large manufacturing site. Strong materials and planning.
- Bachelor Degree (Business, Finance, International Trade, Commerce). Master degree (preferred).
- Experience with high SKU's and high-volume mix a plus.
- Experience with medical devices, aerospace, automotive, and electronics manufacturing preferred.
- Strong leader with excellent decision-making and execution. Team player. Takes over and improves.
- Able to roll up their sleeves yet be strategic. Good influencing skills.
- Advanced use of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Etc.
- Technical knowledge of ERP/MRP Systems. Oracle ERP, Kinexis, OBBIE (preferred).
- Fluent in English (90%) and Spanish.